Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Post by jward »

Donald wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:41 am
Ervine just smoked snater for 16 in one over 😂😂
Yes, he seemed to decide the young upstart needed taking down a peg or two! Ervine at his best, like for much of today, looks a really world-class player, making his strokes with such ease and timing; what looks like a casual push beats the field and goes for four. Why on earth did he throw away his wicket at 97 with a stupid reverse sweep?

jward

Post by jward »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 am
Jha seems wasted at the top when you have Shumba, Moor and Jongwe showing some hunger below him.
The usual Zimbabwe problem of finding top batsmen able and willing to open the batting!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

From what I’ve seen of Shumba he’s not a test match or first class opener, maybe in limited overs stuff but not longer form cricket
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jward wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:50 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 am
Jha seems wasted at the top when you have Shumba, Moor and Jongwe showing some hunger below him.
The usual Zimbabwe problem of finding top batsmen able and willing to open the batting!
Is there any chance that Ben Curran can be convinced? He could be one of the solutions

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jward wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:49 pm
Donald wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:41 am
Ervine just smoked snater for 16 in one over 😂😂
Yes, he seemed to decide the young upstart needed taking down a peg or two! Ervine at his best, like for much of today, looks a really world-class player, making his strokes with such ease and timing; what looks like a casual push beats the field and goes for four. Why on earth did he throw away his wicket at 97 with a stupid reverse sweep?
Thanks as always for the update John, and it is disheartening to know Ervine went for a reverse sweep and perished. He is not as compulsive a reverse sweeper from what we have seen in the international arena at least - not as compulsive as Taylor, Williams, Taibu and Hammy - but well...

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:45 am
From what I’ve seen of Shumba he’s not a test match or first class opener, maybe in limited overs stuff but not longer form cricket
Congrats jaybro, on getting onto to the top of the table, crossing my tally of total number of posts made :)

I was at the top for far too long, thanks to the photo quiz thread :D

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:35 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:45 am
Congrats jaybro, on getting onto to the top of the table, crossing my tally of total number of posts made :)

I was at the top for far too long, thanks to the photo quiz thread :D
I must surely be in the top 10 myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:27 am
I must surely be in the top 10 myself.
At number 9. More than half those posts must have been used up to argue with jaybro :lol:

You can check the toppers here (when logged in): memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

The current top XI of ZCF:
ZCF_XI.png
ZCF_XI.png (18.69 KiB) Viewed 1782 times

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I can’t believe I’ve gone past zimfan1. When I joined 11 years ago his avatar of Ray Price was what caught my eye and got me looking through the discussion threads :)

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Good to see some quality in the first class games. Our teams sadly have 3 quality levels which really just shows the limited talent available. At least each team has a few club cricketers on them which for first class really isnt good. The next games will be better with BT and Welch back. We need all our overseas and national team players to step up and show their worth. This is also a massive opportunity for young fringe players to stake a claim again actually quality national team opposition.

The Rocks look faces though. Ill try and get to a few games to see how good they look.

The original zimdan!