Givemore Makoni named Zimbabwe's managing director

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

zimdan

Re: Givemore Makoni named Zimbabwe's managing director

Post by zimdan »

I dont agree with this appointment and never will. While appointments like this occur our cricket is going no where.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

So who elected this prick?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

He engineered to be elected by his 9 provincial cock holders that he pays $2 a month to :lol:
Electioneering in Zimbabwe is like shooting dead ducks. The provincial chairmen may even get a free hamburger over Xmas. The people that vote are dumber and more compliant than a retarded squirrel.
Surprisingly the players haven't been paid their $20 for the month just before Xmas, but they have promised to keep playing because pinky promise money is coming end of January, but the goon squad that keep them inline are drinking green label and cream soda tonite :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Like a pig to a trough is Makoni to ZC.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

For arguments sake let's assume the average players'salary is $600 for the month, 15 players per team (guys who've gone into the bubble) and 5 teams- that's $45k they're not paying and its Xmas time. If they don't have 45k the shit is deep, if they do and they're withholding it the shit is also deep.
Unless the goon squad do a good job there's a sit out on the way and we're losing a round.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

So this is what I don’t understand.
When the over throw was attempted last year, why did they try and barge their way over the top rather than split through the seams and attempt their ambush through election time. That’s where it could have been won.
That or what TapsC said. Wait fir the charges to come and attack whilst their position was legally untenable
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

It would be good to see the payroll they're submitting to ICC for approval :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd think ICC would query admin and coach salaries vs unliveable and unsustainable players' salaries.
Something like -
Hang on a minute, you've got coaches earning between 5000 and 8000 bucks and the vast majority of your players earning $500.
If ICC are accepting these discrepancies they're rotten to the core.
I'll bet we're back on a ghost worker payroll for some gravy for the lads in Head Office.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I will say this again . We are better off with delays like this then people eventually get paid by the ICC than ZC being given all the money and then they decide. Yes there might be ghost workers or not but this secures our financial survival.

The problem is a lot of people on here don’t live in Zim and don’t understand the financial mess the whole country is in. In any other country which is not a war zone there are multiple options like overdrafts , bridging finance etc which would cover organizations until the money comes but it’s not that easy to access here.

You also have a situation where that $5 million has to pay for everything. I don’t know whether BCCI or CSA have to pay domestic players wages too. It’s a mess. Club and franchise cricket should be self sufficient

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

They tried that but the franchises were going broke a s ZC was paying for them anyways, I doubt the franchise model could work in Zimbabwe considering the economic issues there.

Too be honest I don’t really have any gripes with ZC in recent times, things seem to be moving fairly smoothly and progress seems to slowly happening.

Things could obviously be better but they could be worse
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement