What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I would be shocked if all those 8 tests actually happened in 2021. Even the star studded team of the Flower-Streak era did not get so many matches in a year that easily.

So, it would be better to tone down the expectations so that we are less disappointed when some cancellations happen.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

3 tests I’d be really happy with

Donald

Post by Donald »

Blessing ngarava and tiripano as the oacemen for tests. If they want a wildcard I hear Tanaka Chivanga has some serious gas

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I’ve also heard he has some wheels but very little direction.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 pm
I would be shocked if all those 8 tests actually happened in 2021. Even the star studded team of the Flower-Streak era did not get so many matches in a year that easily.

So, it would be better to tone down the expectations so that we are less disappointed when some cancellations happen.
I forget what year it was, early 2000s I believe, Zimbabwe played 10 tests in one year IIRC

You’d think unless they’re hosting one of the big three, two home tests are the most ZC could afford to host.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/festive-ch ... ssion=true

Against afghanistan series will away tour

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Almost no chance Ireland hosts a Test due to money, so that's one down.

2 Tests against Bangladesh might become 1 or 0. Remember they will want to fit in all the postponed series from this year so that will an excuse to cancel many of the Tests.
2021.jpg
2021.jpg (190.91 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I suspect we will get 1 home test versus Afghanistan, 2 away (this I’m assuming because Afghanistan seem to have some money behind them) . We will get the 2 tests against Pakistan. Then hopefully Ireland find money for 1. That’s 6. Got a feeling the Bangladesh tests won’t happen

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:14 am
I suspect we will get 1 home test versus Afghanistan, 2 away (this I’m assuming because Afghanistan seem to have some money behind them) . We will get the 2 tests against Pakistan. Then hopefully Ireland find money for 1. That’s 6. Got a feeling the Bangladesh tests won’t happen
Bangladesh says they are looking to reschedule series, but rescheduling that many games is impossible as the cycle ends in a few weeks time. The Windies series will be our last for this cycle. You have to factor that apart from SL, WI, and possibly PAK no other team cares enough to play against Bangladesh to reschedule games with us.

The 3 Tests will happen vs Afghanistan. They'll be licking their lips to get on the park. Ireland haven't played a Test in ages, so they'll move mountains for it to happen as well, especially if they feel they can notch their first W. The Bangladesh series will likely depend on the COVID situation in ZIM, and with ZC's finances, hosting a bio secure bubble might be out of the question in which case this series will probably be played in Bangladesh. When was the last time BD played a Test in ZIM?

I'd have loved to see how Bangladesh would do in Zimbabwe, so I hope this series takes place as scheduled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Looks like we don't get a chance to play any of the bigger nations. Sounds like Pak are stuck with us forever because we agreed to tour them back in 2015.

I was really hoping the Aus series would be rescheduled.