State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimdan

Re: State of SA

Post by zimdan »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 am
What is this South African attack? is this the moment when the downfall starts to accelerate? I am amazed if Sipamla is in the top 10 pacers in the country let along opening the bowling.

Easily the worst bowling attack South Africa have fielded since readmission.
I can’t comment specifically on this attack as I’ve lost interest in SA cricket.
The reason is similar to Zims but worse.
It’s just BS that we have test teams not fielding close to their best sides for political reasons.
It’s actually absurd and not what elite test cricket is about and the ICC are ridiculous for allowing it.

Can you imagine if the NBA was forced to field a 60% white team to ‘better represent the demographics’ of the country?
Or the NHL had to field 2 Latino’s and 2 coloureds for the same reasons?
Ditto track and field. Or any sport.
I hope that one day we as society can look back on this and go ‘wtf was that about’ but I fear that day is not anytime soon with all the ‘woke’ stuff about.
We are dealing with people angry at Gal Gadot for playing cleopatra in a movie and not a black person, even though Cleopatra was greek? And looked like Gal Gadot. Ffs.
Spot on. Countries are crippled by racial pressure but the point of the NBA made me laugh. Its so true and the league would be a farce if 3 of the 5 players had to be white. It won't happen because reverse racism isn't a thing. Here in Zim we are so out outnumbered now it just doesn't feel right. But life goes on.

The saffer scenario will kill them off. Even zim at their best were not even close to SA at their best...so watching this downfall will be good entertainment value but also incredibly sad. How some of the coloured players can strip up knowing they aren't even close to be being the best in country is a little embarrassing. I'd just feel awkward but I guess their palms are open for the paychecks. I amm a but over white vs black stuff. Its ridiculous and never works they other way.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

To be honest I think white people (as a whole, we do have our own psychopaths) are just too kind hearted and mean well, and every minority group just absolutely take advantage of
This fact.
You don’t see big outcry’s of CURRENT slavery practices in North Africa, because you/they know it will just be on deaf ears and they themselves won’t benefit.
And can you imagine doing any sort of public XYZlivesmatter in China/Iran/Saudi or any major non white country?

What did make me laugh is the gay mafia tried to spread their wings into Russia but got the gay slapped out of them quickly. It’s my theory that they thought because Russia is another white European* country they’ll buckle.
However Russia may be white but they are not west, so don’t have this inner guilt thing of trying to appease everyone.

*European in the parts that matter, the Moscow to St Petersburg region. I’m aware that a lot of rural whoop whoop Russia falls in continental Asia.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Wiaan Mulder takes three wickets on the first day.
I think it’s embarrassing that a side like Sri Lanka, who struggle away from home, have racked up 360 on the first day...
Says a lot really about the attack. Only Nortje and Mulder looked threatening

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I hope Sri Lanka beat them again
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

What are the racial issues in Indian cricket? Are players from certain states favoured over others?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

eugene wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:05 am
What are the racial issues in Indian cricket? Are players from certain states favoured over others?
In India, currently race is on based of religion. Current govt ruling party runs hate campaign against minority Muslims & other religion. Previously there were some accusation of discrimination based on state. I think current cricket team is almost devoid of any quota or racism though.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Got myself a pot of coffee, some crumpets and a blanket to ease the hangover while I watch Markram create art with his bat. Best way to ease a severe hangover, what a player. The way he punches off the back foot is so rare to see.
Kumara is bowling 92mph rockets as well and he’s making it look so easy.

Get Van Tonder in there next and Keegan Peterson when Du Plessis retires and the middle order looks quite strong. Elgar when he retires will open up another spot too.

They just need to do away with both Hendricks’ and get some of the younger blokes in there. Delighted to see Mulder doing well. Just need Coetzee in there now

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

South Africa qouta System may end them like Zimbabwe in comming years.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

199 for Du Plessis - that’s crazy bad batting

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm
199 for Du Plessis - that’s crazy bad batting
Personally I think that is great batting to get such a score.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*