Who is Muyeye?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Who is Muyeye?

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:17 pm
I don't think muyeye will play for Zimbabwe

He is very critical of the Zimbabwe government on his Twitter handle for a start which probably won't go down too well if he ever did have aspirations
That made me read all his posts, thanks! :lol:
Yeah you're right, he speaks his mind, that's boosted my high opinion of him even further.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Such a shame though. ( Not the twitter posts)

Would have loved to have seen him play for zim.

I guess we have to hope Myers marumani and shumba can cut it.
No doubts about Madhevere at the moment, lad is class act

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Raza makes decent money in those T20 tournaments. For winning that Caribbean T20 tournament they were all given a 20k bonus plus 15k for being there in the first place . Brendan Taylor also picked up 15k just for that Sri Lanka gig. Mavuta got 180k rands after 1 good T20 series. The biggest myth is that there is no money in it if you are that good. This is a kid who was just crowned the best school boy in England. He will easily become one of the best and make that money. BT has said it twice now, he makes more money playing for Zim than he did for Notts.

The best strategy would be to come back and kick on for 4 years then leave for the UK with an international reputation where he can then do his degree part time whilst pursuing a county career. It’s a tough decision but in the end I don’t think he can be both. Cricket or engineering. He has to pick 1 for now. 4 years will pass by in the UK and he would have just played a handful of games at the beginning of the season before disappearing like Lake

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

As I have always said before Madhevere was just the most prepared for the big stage in that age group. Watch him develop into the real deal and then watch the golden child come back after 5 years and try establish himself. No matter what they say about county cricket you can’t replicate facing Rashid Khan on a dust bowl in the Middle East or going to face the Aussies in Australia fighting for just a miracle 10 points. County exposes you to 1 set of conditions.Cricket isn’t a part time hobby. If money is what you are thinking about at 18 instead of trying to become the best then your mindset is already off

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

If ZC were half competent we wouldn’t have this problem
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Didn't Welch do a degree and now he is doing ok. It can be done if you go to a good sporting uni and play a lot of cricket.

Googly

Post by Googly »

BT will never renegotiate his same package and Blessing would not have got KJ's deal. Chemical Engineering in particular is harder than a medical degree, mechanical is less so but still bloody hard.
Welch and Evans did a Sports Science degree which is not particularly taxing.
I believe Evans' Uni was paid for by Eastbourne Old Boys and I'd guess Muyeye will be the same. Eastbourne Old boys mostly funded the 5 storey indoor state of the art £50 million indoor sports facility that has just been completed at the school.
The money at these schools and the support they receive from their Old Boys Associations is just plain scary.
Millfield gets £80 million a year in school fees alone. You can do a lot with that kind of cash.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:56 pm
As I have always said before Madhevere was just the most prepared for the big stage in that age group. Watch him develop into the real deal and then watch the golden child come back after 5 years and try establish himself. No matter what they say about county cricket you can’t replicate facing Rashid Khan on a dust bowl in the Middle East or going to face the Aussies in Australia fighting for just a miracle 10 points. County exposes you to 1 set of conditions.Cricket isn’t a part time hobby. If money is what you are thinking about at 18 instead of trying to become the best then your mindset is already off
The fact that Muyeye is being seen in various County net sessions surely means he has a plan? Interestingly Counties are also very much under pressure to produce black players and Muyeye will be a wet dream. There's actually a clause in the Home Office regs that allows players in any sport to get a fast track citizenship, but that's if the person is required for an England side, which is not the case with Muyeye.
If he already has family there its very possible he has an easier route towards citizenship. He has to get off that Tier 5 for starters, if he hasn't already. The ECB are really strict now and you need a citizenship to play even County Two's. They'll allow a player some latitude to play a few "trial" games without citizenship but then they pull the rug.
Maybe he's making political statements and then applies for asylum?
Even an indefinite leave to remain is now not enough for County twos. Its a grey area and ripe for a court case because ILTR (Home Office) allows you to work unhindered in the UK but ECB regs contradict it. No-one will take them on because once you piss them off they'll target you. They have a couple of people there who's sole job appears to be winkling out ineligible players, they're evil :lol:
Players naively phone them to check their eligibility thinking they'll get sound advice and its basically a case of gotcha!!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:56 pm
You are right.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to do the Walter White degree- but it is absolutely moronic to do it then Jump into cricket for ten years then jump into the workforce. Talk about horse before the cart!
If he wants to play cricket. He needs to develop now. This is a critical time in youth development. He will only be a decent player until age 35 then may be able to hang on for a few years beyond that but probably done by 38.
He would have forgotten his degree by then. I can’t remember shit about my degree 13 years ago and I’m not 38.
His play should be to go hard at cricket. Who knows. He might be good enough to set himself for life by age 30. If not he can pursue the degree part time in the back end of his career or do it at the commencement of his career whenever that will be.
Going to uni at age 35 is no different to going at 19.

I touched on this before but this decision will be the difference for him as a player being either Alistair Cook or Alistair Maragwede.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:41 am
Players naively phone them to check their eligibility thinking they'll get sound advice and its basically a case of gotcha!!
This is how it works with a lot of visa related stuff I noticed.
They probably learnt it from the yanks. They ask you to declare things they can’t really check on a practical level and use it to get ya.

Once you tick that box that says you have been down for drugs or the crime question on the esta, which you need to visit the country, you inadvertently ban yourself for life. All automated. When you’re just trying to be honest.

The funniest one was when an 80 year old white guy from country NSW ticked ‘yes’ to the question ‘do you plan on engaging in terrorist activities’ (yes they ask that) by accident and got on every watchdog radar and cousins overturn his ban from the USA
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*