Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Who are the two moderators here? BRMT and Maehara?

BRMT pops up every now and then, I think life and lack of ZIM cricket fixtures keeps him away. Maehara is even more reclusive so hopefully someone can contact them outside of the forum.

If if the forum management is handicapped in terms of day to day operation, than perhaps its time to shift this forum elsewhere and pick a new crew of admins and moderators.
Reddit sub would be the go, but honestly I don’t think so much of the idea as there is too much tradition here I think. Even cricket aside, a forum like this is now rare and a time capsule.
I just don’t understand when there’s ten or so guys who check in daily that none are mods.

As for Maehara death rumours, I doubt it, because doesn’t he need to pay a yearly fee to host? Which is very generous to do if he isn’t here.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I contacted maehara about something within the last year and he did respond fairly promptly. He is still around as he pays the bills for the forum.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Maybe they felt that others would abuse the power of being a mod. I have been on forums where that has happened before, however in saying that, there are posts on this forum that have gotten away with a lot. There has been Islamaphobia and anti-Muslim posts. There has been anti-semitism, homophobia, misogyny, and there has also been some very personal attacks.

I know that I have gotten close on the personal stuff, and am definitely learning to be better. I've rubbed some up the wrong way and am remorseful for that. We do need mods that are more regular to monitor certain things.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Interestingly when ZC released their squad press statement they mentioned why the key players were unavailable except for Jarvis. I saw a screenshot so maybe he was mentioned in the full thing but if he wasn’t then it might be a sign that maybe he isn’t part of the plans anymore. He is 32 now too. A lot of fast bowlers crack around that age. It might be time to move on for all sides involved

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 am
Interestingly when ZC released their squad press statement they mentioned why the key players were unavailable except for Jarvis. I saw a screenshot so maybe he was mentioned in the full thing but if he wasn’t then it might be a sign that maybe he isn’t part of the plans anymore. He is 32 now too. A lot of fast bowlers crack around that age. It might be time to move on for all sides involved
Given where we are in proximity to the upcoming WC, unless a bowler is truly failing, i want all hands on deck with pace for the next 18 months, given the churn rate with injury.

at the end of the WC campaign (either qualifiers or the WC itself depending) should be when we see the end of Mpofu,jarvis,chatara, and the Don.

Heavy burden for Blessing at that point, its why its important Evans is taken care of.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

32 is getting there for a seamer, but its not the end of the road. Mashrafee is knocking on 38 and while I think he's played his last international, he hasn't retired yet. Jarvis isn't an express bowler, so he can still be effective for another 3-4 years if he can bowl in the right areas and swing the ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:40 pm
32 is getting there for a seamer, but its not the end of the road. Mashrafee is knocking on 38 and while I think he's played his last international, he hasn't retired yet. Jarvis isn't an express bowler, so he can still be effective for another 3-4 years if he can bowl in the right areas and swing the ball.
The bowlers Ive seen last into their late 30s, Martin, Anderson etc have all had efficient ergonomic actions without being reliant on super fast pace.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The problem is the other bowlers aren’t exactly filling with me with much confidence we can move on from KJ & Larry for that matter.

Blessing is the obvious exception but Mumba is struggling, Ngarava has improved but needs a longer period on sustained performances, Tiripano is cannon fodder & the rest are meh
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Is Shingi kicking about still?

not the answer as he is also mid thirties, but just remembered him.

Seemed to be the one player that could have made it much more than he did, yet didnt.
135km bowler, great domestic stats and could bat as good as any tail ender.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:09 am
Maybe they felt that others would abuse the power of being a mod. I have been on forums where that has happened before, however in saying that, there are posts on this forum that have gotten away with a lot. There has been Islamaphobia and anti-Muslim posts. There has been anti-semitism, homophobia, misogyny, and there has also been some very personal attacks.

I know that I have gotten close on the personal stuff, and am definitely learning to be better. I've rubbed some up the wrong way and am remorseful for that. We do need mods that are more regular to monitor certain things.
When did everyone turn so sensitive on this forum? I log back on and we’re trying to de-platform one of the best, and most critically thinking posters on here. Googly seems gone, as well. Spouting nonsense that Covid is the most serious disease out, and that Jarv nearly died from it, whilst having tick bite fever and malaria is just peak 2020/21. Didn’t think the woke brigade would ever take over this forum (of them all).