Afghanistan Test & T20 Squad (No BT & Craig)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Afghanistan Test & T20 Squad (No BT & Craig)

Post by eugene »

This will be an interesting tour to watch, it is possible BT would have strugged away from home anyway - like he frequently does. I think this might be the tour that Madhevere cements himself as our premiere batsman.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Re: Afghanistan Tour 30 Man Training Squad

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:51 pm
BT, Ervine & PJ all out of the Afghanistan tour due to illness/injury. Think the issue will be that they missed the bio secure camp so could not be added.
Squad for Afghanistan Tour:
Sean Williams, Ryan Burl, Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva, Kevin Kasuza, Wessly Madhevere, Wellington Masakadza, Prince Masvaure, Brandon Mavuta, Tarisai Musakanda, Richmond Mutumbami, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava, Victor Nyauchi, Donald Tiripano

Milton Shumba, Faraz Akram and Tinashe Kamunhukamwe will join the squad later for the T20I series.
With 2 of the Big 4 out plus Moor its going to hella tough. But perfect time for Wez and Tari to step up. This is why the game is played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Yeah this is a chance to how we go when Ervine and BT retire, I am excited to see how they embrace the opportunity.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yikes. This could be some lovely rough and tumble cricket or it could be a complete mess reminiscent of a Southerns vs Centrals game from 2007.

Mr Twig

Re: Afghanistan Tour 30 Man Training Squad

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:04 pm
Wow. Interesting. There has never been a better time for Burl and Tari to put their hands up. Could be a career defining tour. For Wes too.

If that’s the case then I would have a lineup like this.

Prince
Tari
Burl
Williams
Wes
Raza
Regis (wk)
Don
Mavuta
Blessing
Ngarava

Big big opportunities for some of these guys to prove themselves. 5 spinners in that team.

No Chisoro will affect the balance for me
No quality spin options but a great opportunity to step up. I agree with your lineup. It sorta picks itself based on that squad. Really is time for Burl and Musakanda.

I think that's a good team that can beat Afghanistan.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Bredan Taylor is a massive loss, but as rightly said it is high time for the Zimbabwean youngsters to show their worth, Tari, Madhevere and Burl need to step up. I would have loved to see at least Moor in there but it is how it is.

It will be a tough tour for Zimbabwe. Hope they rise to the challenge.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

How on earth has Wellington been picked? If Raza & Wellington are the front line spinners Zim are toast. Maruma destroyed them along with Burl
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Fairly sure that I have watched nearly all of Wellingtons international appearances and can't remember him every turning the ball. This is the issue with all our so called "front line spinners" none of Chisoro, Mufudza, Ndouvu or Wellington turn the ball.

At least Burl and Muvuta give it a rip, I also think Wesley's bowling has been under used since his debut, for me he is a better bowlers than Raza or Williams.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/afg- ... on-1252182

Afghans name a more or less full strength side. Asghar still around and now a captain SMH. He’s like the Afghan Mohammad Mithun lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

If Wellington is our best spin option, well we already knew we have serious problems, but this is now laughable. Clearly ZC has not spend any time in actually looking to develop players. To be honest, I just look at that squad and feel flat. Is Mutumbami also the best wk option we have?