Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Kyle Jarvis survives Covid 19

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

We should invite some of these second rate curries to our domestic setup to help our people get used to attacking spin.

All we have now is restrictive type spinners who arent overly talented, thry just dont bowl too loose, which is somehat effective sometimes.

The reason i say second rate is the premium guys will be in demand elsewhere or wont commit to a season.

But the third best leggie in Afghanistan could come to Zimbabwe cheaply and gain exposure internationally himself whilst helping our guys. It is better than sitting at home playing that game in Afghanistan where they belt each other up with goats on horses.
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 12.00.32.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 12.00.32.png (841.58 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:48 am

Another thing is that after you catch covid certain sports require that you go for heart scans etc because there is certain damage that happens to your body that you can’t see. These guys are also in their mid-30s. It’s not the same as a 20 year old. I know a couple of healthy people who were hit really hard and 1 even died at that age.
Healthy people in their 20s have also died from COVID. Its not often, but it happens. Jarvis said his lungs have been damaged, and while some of the euridite are suggesting its from malaria or ticks, its far more likely to be from the actual respiratory illness. Its like suggesting a Hiroshima victim actually died of a stroke just before being incinerated by the bomb blast in order to push the narrative that atomic bombs aren't actually that deadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:48 am

Another thing is that after you catch covid certain sports require that you go for heart scans etc because there is certain damage that happens to your body that you can’t see. These guys are also in their mid-30s. It’s not the same as a 20 year old. I know a couple of healthy people who were hit really hard and 1 even died at that age.
Healthy people in their 20s have also died from COVID. Its not often, but it happens. Jarvis said his lungs have been damaged, and while some of the euridite are suggesting its from malaria or ticks, its far more likely to be from the actual respiratory illness. Its like suggesting a Hiroshima victim actually died of a stroke just before being incinerated by the bomb blast in order to push the narrative that atomic bombs aren't actually that deadly.
That’s also the argument for the other way round. The Hiroshima victim is listed as a Corona death because he had it before blowing up.

Don’t worry though I know what you are trying to say, but it’s more nuanced than what you’re saying.
It’s more of a case of it’s speeding up fatal illnesses and tilting sick people who are odds on to survive the other direction And 50/50 cases are skewering more 65/35 against.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:30 pm

That’s also the argument for the other way round. The Hiroshima victim is listed as a Corona death because he had it before blowing up.
Except thats isn't whats happening because thats not how science or medicine or epidemiology works. A guy who falls off a building and coincidentally had COVID goes down as a positive case because he was infected with the virus, but not a COVID death because he died of trauma.
It’s more of a case of it’s speeding up fatal illnesses and tilting sick people who are odds on to survive the other direction And 50/50 cases are skewering more 65/35 against.
Is that a distinction that matters? Thats like saying OJ merely sped up the natural aging process, because Nicole would have died of old age in another 60 years anyways.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Isn't OJ innocent?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Isn't OJ innocent?
Yep. He had a court case back in the nineties and was innocent.
They found the cops killed her and self up an elaborate frame attempt just to stick it to a black guy that they used to hang out with at police golf days

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Isn't OJ innocent?
Depends on the definition of innocent. If it means the court didn't convict for whatever reason, then yes.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:02 am
We should invite some of these second rate curries to our domestic setup to help our people get used to attacking spin.

All we have now is restrictive type spinners who arent overly talented, thry just dont bowl too loose, which is somehat effective sometimes.

The reason i say second rate is the premium guys will be in demand elsewhere or wont commit to a season.

But the third best leggie in Afghanistan could come to Zimbabwe cheaply and gain exposure internationally himself whilst helping our guys. It is better than sitting at home playing that game in Afghanistan where they belt each other up with goats on horses.
Even the third best leggie in Afghanistan has BBL, CPL, or PSL gigs if not IPL (Rashid, Mujeeb, Nabi I guess are the spinners with IPL experience). So it would be next to impossible to get a Zahir Khan or Qais Ahmed to ZIM.

The Afghans actually have talent hunts to find wrist spinners and I remember they said they have 5 teenage Rashid Khans that they are developing at the A team or Academy level.

With a team based around wicked wrist spinners, they will always be a force in T20 cricket, and occaisionally in ODIs. But in order to challenge the top 5 or even the top 8 sides at ODI World Cups they will need 3-4 reliable batsmen like Rahmat Shah. They have some young batsmen coming up, Ibrahim Zadran, and Usman Ghani seemed like a top talent a few years ago but they need a solid core of 4 batters if they want to win games somewhat consistently at the ODI World Cup.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:21 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:02 am

Even the third best leggie in Afghanistan has BBL, CPL, or PSL gigs if not IPL (Rashid, Mujeeb, Nabi I guess are the spinners with IPL experience). So it would be next to impossible to get a Zahir Khan or Qais Ahmed to ZIM.

The Afghans actually have talent hunts to find wrist spinners and I remember they said they have 5 teenage Rashid Khans that they are developing at the A team or Academy level.

With a team based around wicked wrist spinners, they will always be a force in T20 cricket, and occaisionally in ODIs. But in order to challenge the top 5 or even the top 8 sides at ODI World Cups they will need 3-4 reliable batsmen like Rahmat Shah. They have some young batsmen coming up, Ibrahim Zadran, and Usman Ghani seemed like a top talent a few years ago but they need a solid core of 4 batters if they want to win games somewhat consistently at the ODI World Cup.
Noted.
And this is the difference between a country that cares and one that wants KFC cash. Also take into account Afghanistan is the worst of the worst in terms of countries to be in. Fundy Islam, war and economic poverty....yet they have programs to find the best of the best.
Our management don’t do it.obviously.
I was out of my depth with the third best comment. Maybe it needs to be 8th best..... again that’s a commentary on the class difference..... but basically I’m getting at a talented spinner whos low enough down the pecking order taht he won’t get
A look in anytime soon but good enough to do damage as well as having either potential or gained wisdom.
There’s enough players in the sub continent who will come cheap and provide quality spin.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Noted.
And this is the difference between a country that cares and one that wants KFC cash. Also take into account Afghanistan is the worst of the worst in terms of countries to be in. Fundy Islam, war and economic poverty....yet they have programs to find the best of the best.
Our management don’t do it.obviously.
I was out of my depth with the third best comment. Maybe it needs to be 8th best..... again that’s a commentary on the class difference..... but basically I’m getting at a talented spinner whos low enough down the pecking order taht he won’t get
A look in anytime soon but good enough to do damage as well as having either potential or gained wisdom.
There’s enough players in the sub continent who will come cheap and provide quality spin.
So far, meaining up to 2021, all Afghanistan have produced are a couple of good to great spin bowlers in Rashid and Mujeeb and one Rahmat Shah. Hamid Hassan was a decent quick - by the time he got to bowl to good sides he was at the end of his career. Nabi is a decent spinner and a decent bat, but he's probably not much better than a Mitchell Santner at either discipline.

What will determine how Afghanistan go in the 2020s will be how their talented young batsmen Ibrahim, Ghani, Haztratullah, et al and their Test seamers (Wafadar and Momand I think - guys who actually have 140 km gas) develop. They can either go the Sri Lanka way and achieve success quickly or the Bangladesh one (develops painstakingly slowly). Right now they run the risk of being in a no-man's land where they are too good for the likes of Ireland, Zimbabwe, Netherlands but not good enough to compete with the rest. Like a poor man's West Indies.