Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Mr Twig »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlav ... 4cf9626c62
Rescheduling their postponed ODI tour of Australia – originally scheduled for last August – is currently under discussion with ZC’s chiefs hoping to squeeze in a T20 series too.

And Tests?

“Won’t happen,” Mukuhlani chuckles almost dismissively noting that Zimbabwe have not played Tests against Australia since late 2003.

“Hopefully in the next cycle (2023-31).”
Looks like they should get to host Australia again in the next cycle; hopefully for Tests if they can afford it.

Nice to see there is actual dialogue between ZC and boards like Australia.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Test cricket will be dead in the next 10 years if they don’t do something about it. How many tests have Ireland and Afghanistan played since they became full members? That tells you everything.

A proper ICC funded 2-tier league with Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Ireland being the 2nd tier is the only way to go in my opinion. There must be relegation and promotion in both tiers too. If you still want to play the top teams you can organize that but they play each so often that it honestly doesn’t even make sense for them too.

Watch the Netherlands never really push to play test matches if they can be in the ODI league and T20 world cups. They want to become full members for the money, not test cricket

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:10 am
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlav ... 4cf9626c62
Rescheduling their postponed ODI tour of Australia – originally scheduled for last August – is currently under discussion with ZC’s chiefs hoping to squeeze in a T20 series too.

And Tests?

“Won’t happen,” Mukuhlani chuckles almost dismissively noting that Zimbabwe have not played Tests against Australia since late 2003.

“Hopefully in the next cycle (2023-31).”
Looks like they should get to host Australia again in the next cycle; hopefully for Tests if they can afford it.

Nice to see there is actual dialogue between ZC and boards like Australia.
I read this article and honestly ZC chairman made some very good and valid points there. Test cricket, I'm telling you, will not survive if it continues the way it is.

Eventually even the people in Ind, ENG, Aus will be bored of watching the big 3 play each other in a loop.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:10 am
Watch the Netherlands never really push to play test matches if they can be in the ODI league and T20 world cups. They want to become full members for the money, not test cricket
Yes, i've read discussion about their push to gain full ICC membership without Test status. That would really kill off Test cricket outside the Big3. That should not be allowed to happen.

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

"Bangladesh will tour Zim in June this year as per FTP" - BCB CEO told yesterday (BD time). FTP consists of all 3 formats in this tour. Hopefully covid-19 situation will improve. In BD, national players already got first dose of vaccination. They are currently in NZ tour.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:59 pm
"Bangladesh will tour Zim in June this year as per FTP" - BCB CEO told yesterday (BD time). FTP consists of all 3 formats in this tour. Hopefully covid-19 situation will improve. In BD, national players already got first dose of vaccination. They are currently in NZ tour.
Excellent news. Only 3.5 months away and a packed schedule before then!

Hopefully there are 2 Tests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:27 am

You'd think Zimbabwe will definitely produce some pitches with a bit of pace and bounce for this series, unlike recent series at home where they've faced Sri Lanka, the Windies & NZ (2016 so long ago) Zimbabwe won't be fearing Bangladesh's pace attack, so I expect them to produce pitches that will suit the likes of Blessing, Ngarava and possibly a returning KJ or Chatara.

This should ensure a pretty close and enthralling series, it's criminal that this will be Bangladesh's first tour of Zimbabwe since 2013!!!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:30 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

You'd think Zimbabwe will definitely produce some pitches with a bit of pace and bounce for this series, unlike recent series at home where they've faced Sri Lanka, the Windies & NZ (2016 so long ago) Zimbabwe won't be fearing Bangladesh's pace attack, so I expect them to produce pitches that will suit the likes of Blessing, Ngarava and possibly a returning KJ or Chatara.

This should ensure a pretty close and enthralling series, it's criminal that this will be Bangladesh's first tour of Zimbabwe since 2013!!!!
I hope the pitches will have pace and bounce. Will definitely liven the contest.

The next two bilateral series are in ZIM this year and next year I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:30 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

There was a lot of criticism of the pitches after recent test series loss with West Indies. Some young pace prospects are warming up the benches, but not getting chances due to condition. Pace friendly wickets in Zim will help the pacers to improve their game.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

We have not played Bangladesh at home since 2013. Shakib not playing tests these days, I would back us in Tests but Bangladesh would be favourites in the white ball stuff.