Zimbabwe U-17 team from 2013

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zimbabwe U-17 team from 2013

Post by franco vazquez »

Byrom, Snater, Evans, Welch, Ives etc So there were like 9 white players in a playing XI. All of them would have been talented enough to make current Zimbabwe side but left due to various reasons. Most of them moved to England, some to NZ and some to Ireland. How hard is it for Zimbabwe to have white players in the team? Shouldn't they put national interests over race? Like as I am from Pakistan, I wouldn't give a feck what race, religion, ethnicity the player is from as long as they perform well. Even the current Zimbabwe team is carried around by Zimbabwe's non-black players (Raza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams) though there is some talent in Jongwe and Wesley this is bizarre, the attitude from ZC.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe U-17 team from 2013

Post by Zimco »

There is a lot of history behind this issue. Also Zimbabwe doesn't have a well paying FC class system or job opportunities or social welfare so many black and white players that have other options arent willing to wait around on the chance they may play for the national team.

Also there are quota systems in Africa as the administrators want the team to reflect the demographic, although I am not sure if Zimbabwe has an official quota system but South Africa definitely does. I have my suspisions there is an unofficial one in Zimbabwe that many white players would have in the back of their mind so there may only be a few spots for the white players to compete for

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ives could have been an excellent prospect for test cricket.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Ives would have been a gem someone who can open and bowl left arm spin.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 pm
Ives would have been a gem someone who can open and bowl left arm spin.
no one is blaming Hami
He persist on Chibhabha as captain

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Why blame ZC here? I think anyone willing and has shown interest in playing for Zimbabwe has actually been given a chance black or white. Where is this story going really.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

tawac wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:17 am
Why blame ZC here? I think anyone willing and has shown interest in playing for Zimbabwe has actually been given a chance black or white. Where is this story going really.
New users from the sub continent unaware of the history.

Also they are using their logical side of their brain, can you blame them for not comprehending why you'd exclude people from the national side over race or why its so hard to get people to commit to international cricket?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*