Test XI - Windies series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Text XI - Windies series

Post by TapsC2 »

If the Taliban really were withholding ICC money then surely they are a quarter to suspension. The ICC is trying their hardest to not suspend them but that might be the last straw because its putting them at risk of and FBI investigation. The same kind of investigation which brought FIFA down

Googly

Post by Googly »

Never mind their stance on women's cricket and women in general, on gays, black guys, white guys, non moslems, and whatever else people keep kneeling for.
Do they ever kneel? Can't remember.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:49 pm

My XI at this stage (subject to change)

Takudzwanashe Kaitano
Kevin Kasuza
Innocent Kaia
Craig Ervine
Sean Williams
Sikander Raza
Regis Chakabva
Ryan Burl
Brad Evans
Richard Ngarava
Blessing Muzarabani
Thought I might do a ‘floating XI’ update after each round, and yes I do change my mind a lot so be warned.

A few things have popped in my head and caused reason for change. The original XI I chose was more so the best Test XI available, but I have been thinking more about the opposition & possible conditions.

I expect slow low decks to negate Roach, Holder, Joseph & Searles, so I’m thinking two spinners rather than 3 seamers. I’m also looking at the Windies test side for the Aussie tour, lots of right handlers and not many lefties.

At this stage I won’t be leaving Kaia & Regis out, although if Kaia doesn’t reappear soon and we get some clarity of Regis then things will change.

Takudzwanashe Kaitano
Innocent Kaia
Craig Ervine
Sean Williams
Sikander Raza
Wes Madhevere
Regis Chakabva
Ryan Burl
Wellington Masakadza
Brad Evans
Blessing Muzarabani

I’ve dropped Kasuza for now after a dismal display, but he could yet work his way back. Kaia is being moved up to open with the middle order also moving up one spot to accommodate Wes at No.6 (SZ will be happy).

With the expected pitch conditions, protecting the middle order from the new ball probably isn’t so important. The pitch conditions & also the large number of R/Hand batsman for the Windies has persuaded me to bring in Wellington for Ngarava.

As I said things will change from week to week and it’s just a bit of fun.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kaitano is decent and certainly had a great test debut. My only fear is his weakness against spin which will most probably be the weapon of choice against the West Indies.

Raza with his variations might turn out to be a match winner in those conditions too.. my big concern so far is who will be the frontine spinner. I just don't trust Wellington in the longer format.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Mashinge at number 8
Brad evans at 9
Ngarava at 10
Muzurabani 11

Bat right down to nunber 10 with that batting order

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Donald wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:59 pm
Mashinge at number 8
Brad evans at 9
Ngarava at 10
Muzurabani 11

Bat right down to nunber 10 with that batting order
Probably more suited to facing Afghanistan or Bangladesh rather than the Windies I’d say

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:54 am

Week 1

Takudzwanashe Kaitano
Kevin Kasuza
Innocent Kaia
Craig Ervine
Sean Williams
Sikander Raza
Regis Chakabva
Ryan Burl
Brad Evans
Richard Ngarava
Blessing Muzarabani

Week 2

Takudzwanashe Kaitano
Innocent Kaia
Craig Ervine
Sean Williams
Sikander Raza
Wes Madhevere
Regis Chakabva
Ryan Burl
Wellington Masakadza
Brad Evans
Blessing Muzarabani
After a round of high scores and spin bowlers taking huge hauls of wickets, I’ve kept my powder dry for this week with no changes.

BUT, Kaitano is under pressure with Manuze scoring another half century, whilst young Makoni & Kamunhukamwe both did well opening the batting.

Burl scored a long awaited hundred and also took a few wickets, reinforcing his spot in the side. Kaia also came back and did on, without seeing the world alight.

Williams also proving he’s still probably the best left arm spinner in Zimbabwe, maybe I could swap out Wellington for Ngarava.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Maunze and innocent Kaia are my test openers at moment.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Donald wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:40 am
Maunze and innocent Kaia are my test openers at moment.
Yeah I think if things continue in the way they’re going you could be right. It really makes it hard for Zimbabwe selectors picking a Teat side. Kaitano’s heroics in the last test were so long ago, it’s hard to pick him on that performance.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Maunze has been a revelation past 18 months. His average of 28 in first class does not tell the whole story. Was much less prior to a good run of form