Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:25 pm
Yea a meaningless ODI series against Afghanistan doesn't really do it for me.

It's a bit like that series against the UAE weeks after the CWCQ ended. It was a slap in the face that we won 4-0.

I don't care about the mainglessness now. I'd rather us go away and play a test series.

And how about an invitation from other nations? We went to Oz which was good, but how about the West Indies? Not been there for 10 years now and I reckon we're as good as them
tgk wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:27 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:25 pm
Yea a meaningless ODI series against Afghanistan doesn't really do it for me.

It's a bit like that series against the UAE weeks after the CWCQ ended. It was a slap in the face that we won 4-0.

I don't care about the mainglessness now. I'd rather us go away and play a test series.

And how about an invitation from other nations? We went to Oz which was good, but how about the West Indies? Not been there for 10 years now and I reckon we're as good as them
Just need more big nations to take notice and invite or come to Zim. Man its such an annoying state of events
Yeah this situation sucks, and which major nation is going to invite us now that we couldn't even get one over Scotland.

Bloody frustrating.

I guess it could be worse... not as bad as the West Indies.

franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by franco vazquez »

Well tbh Scotland performed better than Zim throughout the tournament. They didn’t get plummeted by SL and didn’t struggle against Oman either

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well that's what Houghton, Vermuelen and Kirby are there for. They open doors. So did Campbell and so would Flower.

Mukhulani has pulled many rabbits out of the hat of late. Have to give the guy credit.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Time to move on from these chokers. No excuses today. They fucked up. Williams is the only one I feel for because he turned up in almost every game. Time for us to gel new blood and focus on the next 4 years. No qualification necessary so let them learn.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I think we really missed Gary Ballance today, he had the skill and temperament to get us over the line against tough bowling.

Where is he anyway? Did he return to the UK after retiring or is he still in Harare?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Probably Raza should be the only to stick around to be honest because he is a T20 guy now clearly. That shot he played will haunt him till the day he dies.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:32 pm
I think we really missed Gary Ballance today, he had the skill and temperament to get us over the line against tough bowling.

Where is he anyway? Did he return to the UK after retiring or is he still in Harare?
Great point.

So bloody disappointing, he would have absolutely been the difference.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Taps that's not cool. Same as last time. Everyone behind them until they fail and then the vitriol and time to move on stuff, but move on to whom. You'll wait a cold day in hell to find guys better than Craig, Raza and Sean.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

TapsC2 wrote:
Time to move on from these chokers. No excuses today. They fucked up. Williams is the only one I feel for because he turned up in almost every game. Time for us to gel new blood and focus on the next 4 years. No qualification necessary so let them learn.
They didn't choke today, they were undone by some world class bowling that would have troubled anyone.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Were you finding XI new players from?

Or you just talking about Ervine, Raza & Williams?

There’s certainly logic in the idea that it’s a new cycle and new blood is required. But there’s a t20 WC next year so assuming ZC will want to be competitive there.

Unless they can bring in guys playing in England to replace the big 3, I just don’t think they have the talent depth locally to move on from them all at the same time.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement