SA A Touring Squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
clikcspeed
Supports: Mountaineers

SA A Touring Squad

Post by clikcspeed »

SA squad for the triangular announced:

Jacques Rudolph (capt), Craig Alexander, Farhaan Behardien, Loots Bosman, Dean Elgar, Rory Kleinveldt, Heino Kuhn, Ethy Mbhalati, Ryan McLaren, David Miller, Vernon Philander, Rusty Theron, Roelof van der Merwe, Jonathan Vandiar, Morne van Wyk

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica ... CMP=chrome

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: SA A Touring Squad

Post by hhm »

It can only get worse for us! Rudolph is determined to right the wrongs regarding his career - Duminy's spot is his for the taking. Considering Smith has given up captaincy which made him 'immune' to being dropped despite his poor form, I'm sure Loots wants to claim a place alongside Amla. The other guys (Ryan McLaren, David Miller & Rusty Theron ) haven't done much wrong with the opportunities they've been given.

This will definitely be a trying series for Zim, and I'm sure the Aus & SA cricket associations will feel justifiably insulted if we don't field our strongest side. Particularly if they win handsomely against us. Time for our guys to stand up and be counted. I doubt even Bang, WI & Pak can give much harder tests than these sides touring soon. Despite the madness surrounding Elton, I wait with great anticipation for the games to begin.
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

eugene

Post by eugene »

How Jacques Rudolph didn't go on to be a regular for South Africa in tests I do not know. It must be nice to have such depth.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

I think the SA A team is tougher than the Aus one. Now ths is a real test and a reality check from the word go! Mo Fire! Can't wait i hope our players come with the same hunger as these tourists.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think Australia are alot stronger of the 2. They could beat their senior team
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

hhm

Post by hhm »

No doubt the side Aus A have sent shows that Aus' future is secure (albeit not the immediate future), and in my opinion, the status quo will soon return and they'll be dominant again. Of all the Full Members their transition to the next generation of world-beaters is clearly more stable and assured. Which is why everyone else in world cricket appears more hypocritically worried about Aus' future than Aus themselves are. However, some of the guys are right, we definitely have to agree that the SA A-side is stronger. I would have preferred facing them for our four day games as opposed to this Aus side. Aus have sent rookies, but SA have sent a more experienced&polished side in terms of talent, maturity and mental toughness. These guys have more FC and List A experience compared to these Aus youngsters. Believe me when I say this, SA's domestic competitiveness is streets ahead of Aus right now. If any of the guys in the SA A-side were to be selected for the Proteas in either the Test or ODI teams right now, few would complain. It's just that other countries are less brave than Aus to field youngsters and less experienced players, but truly speaking, many of the guys in the Aus side are a little undercooked to hold down a spot in the Aus side. Of the Aus batsmen I only truly rate Shaun Marsh(omitted) & Starc as ones to be stars, while Ferguson&Paine are close. The rest are ok. So yes, saying this Aus-A side can beat the current side is a stretch - the Test arena is for men, it's not a breeding ground. In a nutshell, I can see the SA side annihilitating us if they click well, but I can only see the Aus side outplaying us not embarrassing us like the SA side potentially can if they choose to.

For the record, after Zim, Aus are my favorite. I don't really like the SA sports sides. Can't wait for the millenium when the Sables give the Boks a 48-3 hiding!!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

We have not even announced our squad yet , which probably means Campbell and company are trying to figure out weather to experiment or go all out .

eugene

Post by eugene »

They are probably figuring out how to get Stuart Matsikenyeri, Vusi Sibanda, Timycen Maruma, Keith Dabengwa, and Tafadza Kamungozi all in the same side.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Boundary

Post by Boundary »

hhm wrote: For the record, after Zim, Aus are my favorite. I don't really like the SA sports sides. Can't wait for the millenium when the Sables give the Boks a 48-3 hiding!!
Oooh, we can do it but we'd have to get The Beast and Mujati back, as well as Pocock from the Wallabies - at a new 50 000 all seater Hartsfield! :lol:

Coming back to reality, though, Campbell knows there's no room for experimenting with the Aus A FC matches (that was for the I Cup last year) and the tri series is definitely an indicator of the next world cup opponents, so get your best players out and see where we're at. We'll lose but we shouldn't lose by embarrassing margins. I just hope the locals turn up make the home ground advantage count.