Match Thread - 4th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Match Thread - 4th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Date: December 7
Start of play: 07:30 GMT

Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe squad: Prosper Utseya (captain), Gary Brent (vice captain), Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Graeme Cremer, Keith Dabengwa, Terrence Duffin, Trevor Garwe, Blessing Mahwire, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Raymond Price, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams.

West Indies squad: Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Chris Gayle, Devon Smith, Denesh Ramdin, Dwayne Bravo, Daren Powell, Fidel Edwards, Runako Morton, Jerome Taylor, Rawl Lewis, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Narsingh Deonarine, Brenton Parchment, Ravindarnath Rampaul

Injury concerns: Chris Gayle (WI, 3 weeks)

Live stream: http://livecricket.bollym4u.com/ (possible)

andy

Re: Match Thread - 4th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by andy »

My squad
1. Sinbanda
2. Taylor
3. Taibu
4. Chibahbaha
5. Matsikeneri
6. Dabengwa
7. Chigumbura
8. Usteya
9. Price
10. Brent
11. Mpofo

Get rid of Masakadza for another bowler. Tempted to put wiliams in but theres no one in the middle order thats bad enough. move taibu up to three.

otto

Post by otto »

i would rather have williams in place of dabengwa.painfull decision though.masakadza has to go.chibhabha has a liking for the windies and i like the openers as they are.come on boys lets go for it.PS i`m loving the ray price/utseya combination.if we can get some pace upfront!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Welcome to the forum otto! :D

Williams is an automatic selection. As we speculated about a week ago, whether he has an injury or not is uncertain. We can only assume that he does, and that is why he is being left out of the team. I agree with you, between Dabengwa and Williams, Williams gets the spot every time.

The Price/Utseya combination is fantastic. Particularly Price, who's been going at less than 4 an over. Overs 10-20 are the problem. Brent and Chigumbura can contain the Windies for the first powerplay, but then they get their eye in, Brent gets hammered and the part-timers come on for the second and third powerplay. It's not working. We need Mpofu, Mupariwa or Mahwire (someone with more pace than Brent) who can take some of the pressure of Chigumbura.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Tawanda isnt an option i feel, simply because he doesnt have the pace. his ma ball is about 78mph, although h does possess swing so i guess its touch and go with him.

mahwire is another option however mpofu has been putting in some good domestic performances before his injury so hopefuly he can be reselected. unsure about why you guys feel dabengwa should be dropped, he's a better bowler than williams although his batting might not be as good but i feel out bowling is the weakness against big hitting opposition like the windies.

otto

Post by otto »

Thanx for the welcome brmtaylor.
Mahwire is not made for the one dayers.He is embarassingly expensive.Dabengwa and Williams its a toss up but i will go with Williams simply because we have enough allrounders to take the overs between them and what we really need to strentghen is our batting.For the bowling our problems are the first change bowlers,or who gets the new ball.the middle overs have been done wonderfully well by Price and the captain

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Sorry brmtaylor, I missed the speculation about Willaims, what is it?

Do you not think he is injured? He makes my team every time too.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

ZIMFAN wrote:Sorry brmtaylor, I missed the speculation about Willaims, what is it?
Do you not think he is injured? He makes my team every time too.
We were thinking that his continuing migraine problems could also be a cover for problems between him and ZC - it seemed strange that he'd have migraines for as long as ZC's injury reports indicated. Just speculation on our part, but the more time passes without one of our best players making an appearance, the more it seems that there's been a falling out.

If that's what has happened, then the fact that ZC keep naming him in the squad at least indicates that they're keen to keep him. Or it could all be a genuine string of injuries.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

I do know first hand that migraines dont go away fast. I would hope this is the case for Sean however i also wouldnt not rule out a rift with ZC.

I do feel he is genuinely injured, and should play some part of the series or the one against Pakistan in january.

andy

Post by andy »

Lets hope its only a mirgrane stopping wiliams from playing. His to good and young to loose.