Afghan release Zim tour schedule

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Afghan release Zim tour schedule

Post by SpitfiresKent »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Do you reckon it's worth rotating the senior players (the Taylor's, Masakadza's, Chatara's, etc) through those two First Class matches against Afghanistan? Play a few of them in one, a few in the other.
Surely it would be useful for those guys to have a competitive FC hit out (or bowl) ahead of the Test against South Africa.
I wouldn't like to see the team get rotated around as I think Zimbabwe need consistency in their team selection. I'd play my strongest side for both of those games as they will serve as a decent warm up for the South Africa Test match.

Although, if Andy Waller doesn't know his best 11 yet then yeah why not but consistency in team selection is needed for Zimbabwe to improve...They also need a good run of overseas tours but that's a different story...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

According to the Cricket badger Mawoyo and Vitori are injured and will miss the Afghan series and possibly the RSA & Aus tours ......

http://cricketbadger.com/2014/07/tino-m ... an-vitori/
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

That is bad.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Tino hit a hundred in UK and injured himself in the process? Bad news.

And what's with all these accidents to Zimbabwean cricketers? Isn't it happening all too often? Mbeki Mabuza with that horrendous one a few years ago, and even last month Nyumbu and Mamhiyo was it? And Vitori now. And just a year ago Chakabva was stabbed badly in SA. Tafadzwa Madondo also died in a bike accident. Eerie.

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

jaybro wrote:According to the Cricket badger Mawoyo and Vitori are injured and will miss the Afghan series and possibly the RSA & Aus tours ......
That's a shame, was looking forward to seeing Vitori bowl. I wonder who will open the batting with Sibanda in the one off Test match against South Africa if Mawoyo is out.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
jaybro wrote:According to the Cricket badger Mawoyo and Vitori are injured and will miss the Afghan series and possibly the RSA & Aus tours ......
That's a shame, was looking forward to seeing Vitori bowl. I wonder who will open the batting with Sibanda in the one off Test match against South Africa if Mawoyo is out.
Good question, probably Regis or Raza

dang8811

Post by dang8811 »

Apparently Utseya is also a doubt now with a hand injury.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Any word on tv coverage?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

eugene wrote:Any word on tv coverage?
DSTV apparently got the rights for the match but I cannot find anything on future TV guides which suggests that the game will be televised.

etoreveyi

Post by etoreveyi »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
eugene wrote:Any word on tv coverage?
DSTV apparently got the rights for the match but I cannot find anything on future TV guides which suggests that the game will be televised.
Do you have a source for the DSTV rights thing?