Logan Cup Stats

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Logan Cup Stats

Post by zimfan1 »

Leading run scores

1. Malcolm Waller - 503 runs with 6 half centruries
2. Elton Chigumbura - 496 runs with 3 half centuries
3. Hamilton Masakadza - 467 runs with 2 centuries and 1 half century
4. Stuart Matskinyeri - 466 runs with 2 centuries and 2 half centuries
5. Forster Mutizwa - 447 runs with 1 century and 5 half centuries
6. Tatenda Taibu - 374 runs with 2 half centuries
7. Justice Chibhabha - 366 runs with 2 half centuries
8. Bernard Mlambo - 350 runs with 1 century and 1 half century
9. Regis Chakabva - 309 runs with 1 century
10. Charles Coventry - 268 with 1 century and 1 half century

Leading Wicket Takers

1. Prosper Utseya - 30 wickets at 14.23
2. Ray Price - 29 wickets at 13.86
3. Graeme Cremer - 27 wickets at 21.59
4. Shingiria Masakdza - 24 wickets at 21.66
5. Elton Chigumbura - 23 wickets at 19.52
6. Admire Manyumwa - 19 wickets at 17.36
7. Chris Mopfu - 18 wickets at 29.38
8. Tawanda Muperwia - 18 wickets at 34.83
9. Tafadzwa Kamungozi - 17 wickets at 30.88
10. John Nyumbu - 17 wickets at 31.47

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup Stats

Post by zimfan1 »

I thinks its fair to say that the national team players really stepped up this year as they have dominated both the runs and wickets tables.

But the emergence of Malcolm Waller, Shringi Masakadza, Amire Manyumwa and Forster Mutizwa is great news for zimbabwe cricket as they hopefully will be pushing for places in the next ODI Squad

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

SO, the leading run scorer of Logan Cup is Malcolm Waller and the leading wicket taker of the Logan Cup is Prosper Utseya.

The performance of Prosper Utseya was really unexpected (especially for me). Finally he is returning in the wicket taking mood and returned in the top!

And again Utseya proved that he is the most capable captain of Zimbabwe taking his team Easterns ino victory in the Logan Cup. That's really a good sign of Zimbabwe.

Chigumbura, Masakadza, Matsikenyeri, Mutizwa in the top 5 batsmen. Taibu also returned in the form being 6th in the list. Chibhabha, Chakabva and Coventry also in the top 10 batsmen.

Raymond Pricemissed the top spot just for 1 wicket taking 29 wickets at 13.86, it's really an outstanding performance. Graeme Cremer was fantastic too taking 27 wickets at 21.89.

As far as the paceman are concerned, Shingirai Masakadza topping the chart taking 24 wickets at 21.66. Chigumbura, Manyuma and Mpofu also chipped in with wickets.

But worth noting that, two key paceman Edward Rainsford and Douglas Hondo missed the lion share of the Logan Cup for injury concerns.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Further to the Logan Cup stats, may I offer the following milestones that have been achieved.
Ray Price is the leading wicket taker with 154 wickets. He is the first to 150 wickets & also the first to the 150 wicket/1000 run double.
Stuart Matsikenyeri became the 7th player to reach 2000 runs. He currently sits 4th on the alltime rungetters with 2196 runs
( behind Grant Flower, Mark Vermeulen & Craig Evans).
Chamu Chibhahha, Prosper Utseya & Johnson Marumisa passed 1000 runs.
Hamilton Masakadza, Elton Chigumbura, Tatenda Taibu & Charles Coventry passed 1500 runs.(BRM Taylor has 1499 runs!)
Douglas Hondo, Christopher Mpofu, Brighton Mugochi, Elton Chigumbura & Chamu Chibhabha have taken 50 + wickets.
Chigumbura,Chibhabha & Utseya achieved the 1000 run/50 wicket double. Utseya sits 3rd on the all time list with 98 wickets (behind Price & Gary Brent).
Bernard Mlambo,Bothwell Chapungu, Stephen Nyamuzinga, Forster Mutizwa, Graeme Cremer,Malcolm Waller, Tarisai Mahlunge & Tafadzwa Ngulube passed 500 runs.
Shingirai Masakadza, Admire Manyumwa, Trevor Garwe & Taurai Muzarabani passed 25 wickets.
Wicket keeping is tough to record as so many keepers often have played as batsmen only, eg Taylor, Taibu, Andy Flower & Donald Campbell. But Forster Mutizwa passed 50 dismissals & has 69 in all- 63 caught & 6 stumped.
Now, a question.
Timycen Maruma bowled only 35 overs in 5 games. In the previous 2 seasons he took 43 wickets in 9 games. Was he hampered by injury or not required as Easterns had such a strong bowling lineup?
The competitions biggest disappointment was probably the injury to Mark Vermeulen as it deprived him of becoming the No 1 rungetter.
Hope this is of interest.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Timycen Maruma bowled only 35 overs in 5 games. In the previous 2 seasons he took 43 wickets in 9 games. Was he hampered by injury or not required as Easterns had such a strong bowling lineup?
You might remember he did injure himself in the Sri Lanka series, if I recall he collided with Chibhabha? I can't remember exactly how severe his injury was, but we do know that he was beginning to settle himself into the team and that because of the injury he has now become the 4th choice spinner (Cremer leap-frogged him).

It has been known for some time that ZC have a lot of faith in Maruma's batting ability. He has scored a First Class 70 against a Pakistan presidents eleven, and has opened the batting in an ODI (scoring 32, it was a good effort). I'd say it's entirely plausible that Maruma has himself decided to focus on batting, realising that breaking into the national team as a spinner at the moment will be very hard.

He hardly bowled in Namibia either, but was the leading run scorer with a top score of 100. It's possible that the injury is still hampering him, but considering he has bowled a bit I'd say it is more likely he has shifted his focus to batting.

Thanks for posting those stats, they are interesting.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Thanks for this info regarding Maruma.
Apologies to Mark Mabuza who passed 500 runs & to John Nyumbu who passed 25 wickets.
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
You might remember he did injure himself in the Sri Lanka series, if I recall he collided with Chibhabha? I can't remember exactly how severe his injury was, but we do know that he was beginning to settle himself into the team and that because of the injury he has now become the 4th choice spinner (Cremer leap-frogged him).

It has been known for some time that ZC have a lot of faith in Maruma's batting ability. He has scored a First Class 70 against a Pakistan presidents eleven, and has opened the batting in an ODI (scoring 32, it was a good effort). I'd say it's entirely plausible that Maruma has himself decided to focus on batting, realising that breaking into the national team as a spinner at the moment will be very hard.

He hardly bowled in Namibia either, but was the leading run scorer with a top score of 100. It's possible that the injury is still hampering him, but considering he has bowled a bit I'd say it is more likely he has shifted his focus to batting.

Thanks for posting those stats, they are interesting.