Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: Bangladesh WC 2015 Watch

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:Sri Lanka really do bully BD around alot there really seems to be a massive 'mental edge' sort of a big brother little brother thing going on. I feel bad for the BD fans such a big crowd at the MCG and they take 1-330 and now they're 5-100 in reply ......
That's Pakistan...1 win from 40+ games. And Pakistan are very mediocre side for the past 10-12 years.

SL are actually one of the teams we've beaten more "regularly". 3 wins against them in the past 6-7 years which is probably a better win loss record than most people would guess.

At any rate this game was bullshit...the best batsman batted at 6/7 so our Chakabvas can bat at 3/4/2. Imagine Taylor and Hammy coming in at 6/7 so Maruma and Dabengwa can bat at 3 and 4.

In that light a 92 run loss when SA and ENG lost by 100 and 130 batting second at the G is mild punishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
jaybro wrote:Sri Lanka really do bully BD around alot there really seems to be a massive 'mental edge' sort of a big brother little brother thing going on. I feel bad for the BD fans such a big crowd at the MCG and they take 1-330 and now they're 5-100 in reply ......
That's Pakistan...1 win from 40+ games. And Pakistan are very mediocre side for the past 10-12 years.

SL are actually one of the teams we've beaten more "regularly". 3 wins against them in the past 6-7 years which is probably a better win loss record than most people would guess.

At any rate this game was bullshit...the best batsman batted at 6/7 so our Chakabvas can bat at 3/4/2. Imagine Taylor and Hammy coming in at 6/7 so Maruma and Dabengwa can bat at 3 and 4.

In that light a 92 run loss when SA and ENG lost by 100 and 130 batting second at the G is mild punishment.
Yeah maybe the win rate is slightly better and maybe it's because SL are willing to play you guys more than Pakistan or India but there have been so many occasions where Sanga or Tilly or Mahela have just bossed the BD bowlers around the park. I dont know maybe im wrong just just the impression I get .....

You guys dropped that many catches it wasnt funny, I was going to make a remark about "the 5th best seam attack" but doesnt matter how good your attack is if you're going to drop 5 or more catches you are in for a pasting ......

Yeah Sakib Should bat 4 and I wouldn't mind Mushy @3 either, tell me do you feel it would be more of a benefit for the side if Mushy gave upp the gloves and batted @ 3 in all formats ??

btw are u comparing Mominul to Dabengwa ?? a few months back he was the Bangaldeshi Bradman :D :D
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

1) Well, I did cover my ass a bit on the 5th best seam attack predicition by saying based on "potential". Also, I later did update that prediction to 6th best, once I realized England had a potentially devastating seam attack...of course they've been thrashed thus far as well. I know you're not a big fan of the word "potential" but I was very careful enough to put that in the very first time I mentioned it, so you can't complain about it after the fact. I mean I'd look pretty dumb to say "BD will have the 6th best seam attack at the WC guaranteed". But not to worry, I'll analyze the seam attacks once the group stage is over and you can gloat then. 8-)

2) Mominul has so far been a very average LOI player...a beast in Tests (especially in Chittagong). I think he can still be a decent player, but he has no power in his game which means he can only be an accumulator in the LOI format. And he hasn't done that very well. He did have a string of decent performances during the Asia Cup, and was looking very good at #3, but then got dropped without much justification and is now just drifting around.

3) Yes, I think Mushy should give up the gloves in all formats, most especially in Tests and bat at #3. In ODIs he can bat anywhere from 3-7, but he's obviously wasted coming down at 6 or 7. Both him and Shakib are capable hitters - they both hit 6s at the MCG off spinners to boot, yesterday - but they can only do well down the order if the top order gets us to a decent start, which they so far have failed to do.

I'm not too sure what lineup we should go with for the remaining matches. One is for sure, all 4 of the Associates are a lot stronger than they've been in previous additions, so you can't just write them off as an easy 2 pts. So our game vs Scotland will be crucial to not just bagging 2 points, but also trying to get some form and confidence ahead of the clutch game vs England. The equation is simple...beat them both and we're in the quarters. Easier said than done, but not out of the realm of possibility. I hear Adelaide is a bit more spinner friendly, so perhaps we should drop a seamer and play an extra SLA.

The lineup I'd go with is the following:

1) Tamim (horrible waste of talent, but he'll still be good for a 50 or two before we fly back home)
2) Soumya (I think he's got a huge ceiling...really like this kid)
3) Mushfiq
4) Shakib
5) Nasir (pretty sure he's coming in from the next game)
6) Sabbir (did quite well vs SL even though the game was over)
7) Anamul (might as well just come in and hit out or get out)
8) Mashrafe
9) Taijul
10) Rubel
11) Taskin (I'd probably drop him for a 3rd SLA against England, and play him in all the other games)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I'm not much of a gloater so don't be worried I might drop a smart comment that's about it .....

Yeah I think you guys have some good batsman but possibly need to tinker with the order .....

Will be cheering for u guys against England .....

grant

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote: 9) Taijul
10) Rubel
11) Taskin (I'd probably drop him for a 3rd SLA against England, and play him in all the other games)
I'd pick Arafat Sunny instead of Taijul. He bowled well in the warm-up matches.
Hoping that BD will thrash the minnows (England).....

grant

Post by grant »

Fastest 150 by de villiers (162* off 66) :lol:
WI getting a taste of their own medicine that they dished on us
And they're already two down in the chase. Kyle Abbott with the wickets....

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

^wrong thread bro

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The potentially 5th -6th best seam attack was underwhelming today ......

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

It was pretty wrteched but these wickets are as flat as subcontinent pitches and the boundaries are nearly as short as as an Asian man's you know what. But Taskin bowled pretty well at the death in a tournament where even good bowlers are getting tonked by #7/8 batters.

Now, I remember telling you the world cup pitches were going to be batter friendly...but even I'm surprised at the number of 300+ and 400+ scores so far. This WC will have the highest batting avg and run rate of any world cup and I think it will be by a wiiide margin.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yeah not really much they could do, although it was Scotland not NZ but you're right the bowlers have been up against it all tournament .....