Happy New Year

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Happy New Year

Post by Train Driver »

Hello to you all.

I hope you don't mind me joining your board from afar. I have been a follower of Zimbabwe cricket since you started playing in tests, initially because I always like the underdog, which you have always had to if you are a life long Sussex supporter.

The last few years of success here have been coincidental with Murray Goodwin having joined us, he is a top pro and a superb batsman to watch, our gain has certainly been your loss.

It has been good to see the recent upturn in results for Zim cricket, from here it looks as though the players are beginning to show that they have learned from their being dropped in at the deep end and that a much more settled side under Robin Brown has helped.

We have a pretty good messageboard on the Sussex website, where I have been doing my best to bring what info I can get on Zim cricket to the notice of fellow Sussex supporters. We welcome members from anywhere, even Lancashire, so feel free to drop in and have a look. It would be particularly good if you, Brendan, could find the time to put in the odd post to give a real perspective of Zim cricket.

Best wishes to you all

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Happy New Year

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Happy new year! :)

Welcome to the forum mate, we accept users from far and wide. In fact, I think only a couple of the members are actually in Zimbabwe :)
Please stick around and join in the discussions, I expect there will be no shortage of Zimbabwe talk this year - particularly with the Pakistan series and the general elections coming up.
Train Driver wrote:It would be particularly good if you, Brendan, could find the time to put in the odd post to give a real perspective of Zim cricket.
I assume that was directed at me :lol:
I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not Brendan Taylor :P

Cheers

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

I think i'll ask for a refund then :roll:

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

Happy New Year Zimbo cricket fans!!! I hope 2008 will be the year when cricket will once again bow and honour the Zimmies :lol: :lol: .

Welcome to the yard Train Driver, i guess a pint of Zambezi or Castle will do to welcome :lol: , and sorry we out of boerewors :lol: :lol: lol

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Kopje wrote:Welcome to the yard Train Driver, i guess a pint of Zambezi or Castle will do to welcome :lol: , and sorry we out of boerewors :lol: :lol: lol
Ahh, Castle & borewors... Fortunately, I have places near to me that sell both, so it's almost like being home. All I need is some decent weather to make firing up the braai worthwhile...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, I suppose its never too late. Happy new year from my side too. Let us hope for a prosperous 2008 for Prosper's men... :)