#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by encore »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:19 pm
You're making a lot more sense in this stint hhm. What happened over the last few years :lol:
There's a lot of truth in that post.
:lol: The law is the law, not personal preferences. Subject to intepretation yes, but only the Judge(s)' opinion matters. Which is why a law firm and lawyer's strategy to resolve this AWAY from the courtroom is baffling really.
Voice of reason.

encore

Post by encore »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:25 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunday ... tions/amp/

Is it a coincidence that a childhood friend of Mlotshwa has serious differences with Vumi Moyo? This happened 4 years ago. Its ridiculously personal. I am sure all these points were brought up to the ICC.
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:11 am
I think if the majority of workers dont pitch on Thursday then the government will actually step in and tell Mlotshwa to back down.
I keep on asking if anyone believes a Shona government will allow a Ndebele(bolstered by whiteys) to emasculate Shonas.

I'm not being tribal or racial. I'm simply being logical.

I mean, even in Afghanistan a very young cricket nation, there's been a lot of tribal/ethnical drama. Same applies to India and Pakistan over the years.

In South Africa, we have a Portuguese community. Those guys are very divided along sport lines eg Porto vs Sporting. It's crazy! Frony toddler to nonagenarian. Even in business and social events they don't mix (Greeks are as united as the Jews - must be a poverty-wealth thing :D ).

Considering Mnangagwa is Karanga, and they have the numebrs among Shonas, what do the likes of Chingoka, Bvute, Mukkuhlani, Mukondiwa, Mangongo, makoni and the army generals fall under?

I never trivialise such things, because I've often found them to be very decisive in our African setup. No one can doubt that ZC us$ have played a huge role in the Zimbabwean economy, so such considerations matter trust me.
Voice of reason.

encore

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 am
We need a fresh start right now.

Googly da Gama

Voice of reason.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

encore wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:55 pm
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:25 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunday ... tions/amp/

Is it a coincidence that a childhood friend of Mlotshwa has serious differences with Vumi Moyo? This happened 4 years ago. Its ridiculously personal. I am sure all these points were brought up to the ICC.
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:11 am
I think if the majority of workers dont pitch on Thursday then the government will actually step in and tell Mlotshwa to back down.
I keep on asking if anyone believes a Shona government will allow a Ndebele(bolstered by whiteys) to emasculate Shonas.

I'm not being tribal or racial. I'm simply being logical.

I mean, even in Afghanistan a very young cricket nation, there's been a lot of tribal/ethnical drama. Same applies to India and Pakistan over the years.

In South Africa, we have a Portuguese community. Those guys are very divided along sport lines eg Porto vs Sporting. It's crazy! Frony toddler to nonagenarian. Even in business and social events they don't mix (Greeks are as united as the Jews - must be a poverty-wealth thing :D ).

Considering Mnangagwa is Karanga, and they have the numebrs among Shonas, what do the likes of Chingoka, Bvute, Mukkuhlani, Mukondiwa, Mangongo, makoni and the army generals fall under?

I never trivialise such things, because I've often found them to be very decisive in our African setup. No one can doubt that ZC us$ have played a huge role in the Zimbabwean economy, so such considerations matter trust me.
Fuck I love you encore
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Thats just my opinion. Its always the same characters putting us in this position yet nobody has ever tried to contest and win an election that we know of.
This is not correct. People have tried to contest a few provincial boards and have been thwarted by ZC controlling the nomination court papers. Coming election day these good people were only told then they "did not qualify" when in fact this should be done with 30days prior to election so that right of appeal can be made.....the election gets forged ahead and too late a board is elected.
So it was not possible to get a gang of good people tohether that were legible and create a board that was for cricket.
If you and encore or hhm or whomsoever thinks for one second that we have this tsunami action against the ZC without trying many different surfable waves then you really are presumptious or Makoni himself.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:09 am
So, who clocked in this morning ?
That's the million bond question.

How many need to turn up for it to be deemed a success for the interim board?

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Who within the ICC would take that risk, knowing full well that within that prescribed period, the so-called good forces will be defeated in an election?

The ICC's last roll of the dice was when it insisted on having its own man deployed there. Remember how widely reported unprecedented that move was? Yet the Pakistani Faisal Hasnain, arguably the most experienced ICC man on Finances and Adminstration came out and said there is no maladministration in ZC. Just a shortage of funds to finance the enormous budget, and no means to increase revenue. And he secured those funds(to BCCI) annoyance, cleared debt(I forget our South African friend who chipped in as well), and left. As far as ICC was concerned, all was giong to be well in ZC until the uninvited and unexpected SRC-Interim Board spanner in the works.

1.It would be a failure if any compromise still results in Mukuhlani being part of the recovery. Agreed?
2.The temporary compromise regime would inevitably be defeated in elections, no matter how free and fair.
3.Back to square one.

So why go through it all?

The ICC only needs to ask itself one question - What prevented these SRC and Interim Board figures from consolidating and waiting for the next elections cycle, while motivating for us or a legal independent body to be present to oversee those elections?

At least MDC could prove it had grassroots or ground support. Not the cowards.

jimmylesaint is still in the land of the living I presume...[/quote

It's obvious everyone wants cricket to continue and those that cry that the current workers and players will suffer have a point but over the last 20 years no one cared that the ZCdestroyed the rebels and killed cricket and yes Mukuhlani was an upstart involved in that.
No one cares that companies and infdividual traders have gone broke as ZC has not paid for their services. No one cares that cricketers themselves have had to leave because of non payment or because of an injury or because they refuse to pay a sum back for being selected.
No one cares that excellent and good players white and black and coloured and indian have left for countries that will let them play the sport they love and pay them on time because of ZC.
No one cares that the good administrators were bullied out by death threats.
Nobody cares that there is no structure to produce a pathway of quality Zimbabwe players because the Mukhlanis of this world would rather enrich themselves.
Nobody cares about the future generation giving up education with false promise of national glory or turning to drugs and alcohol. Nobody care that in 5 years time ZC will have players on $1 a month and in most instances paying them to play.

I am in the land of the living and unlike some i am also in the land of reality. Cricket is better off finished then to allow the continued extortion of future players.
Also if any one thinks that Zanu needed ZC 9-12m US dollars they really have no idea the wealth of Zimbabwe! You can pick that amount up on the side of the road in diamonds,gold, tantalite,emeralds etc in a day or two and sell it in Mocambique for hard cash.ZC contribution if any probably amounted to tea and cakes for parliament for the year.
Pleeease you are talking more sense but still from a perspective .

Zimbabweans and particular cricketers are so used to being shafted that by given a choice of dick size is a promotion.
So yes if cricket has too bu

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

None! Most of the admin are complicit.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:20 pm

So what happens now Jimmy? Everybody gets fired?

I feel like you need some people to switch sides. Perception is key.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:37 pm
jimmylesaint wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:20 pm

So what happens now Jimmy? Everybody gets fired?

I feel like you need some people to switch sides. Perception is key.
I think you're right TapsC, they aren't winning the PR war. There's been a few own goals. By making this very grand and public announcement on the radio, online, etc about "turn up for work on August 1"... well if nobody turns up the interim board will look very weak and powerless. So I think they do need to have a certain number of people show otherwise they are a king without a country.