Zimbabwe Tour Of Pakistan 2020 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ] : Pre Series Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
andrewn9

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Pakistan 2020 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ] : Pre Series Discussion

Post by andrewn9 »

I think BT's wicketkeeping days are behind him unfortunately.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:14 am
The only reason I can see them picking Elton is because he did really well in Pakistan last time but that was 5 years ago. Without much playing time this year they might think experience will count. These matches have meaning, even sneaking in 1 win might make a difference. Still they shouldn’t be picked in my opinion.

I’m surprised Murray is missing, maybe he had school commitments but I’m sure he is in their plans.
Experience counts for a lot, but only if you are still playing well and consistently. Elton has not done that since 2015 which would make the decision to take him on experience silly as his experience will be more of a memory than an asset.

Aus were still picking Siddle and many could have argued he was past it, but Aus had 10 other guys who complemented him and Siddle was still performing at a high level and producing the goods at a domestic level to earn his spot. He also was not being picked as a regular but more as the experience and passing the mantle on.

That is not happening with Elton. Elton is not passing any mantle on but rather getting picked as a 'key player'.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

The only possible reason you could argue for picking Elton is that Zim have failed to replace him in the No.7 finisher role. Waller & Moor have had their moments but way to far in between, Raza can do it but he’s kind of wasted batting that low.

Burl is also not really suited although he did ok against Ireland doing that role.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:58 am
The only possible reason you could argue for picking Elton is that Zim have failed to replace him in the No.7 finisher role. Waller & Moor have had their moments but way to far in between, Raza can do it but he’s kind of wasted batting that low.

Burl is also not really suited although he did ok against Ireland doing that role.
Yes Raza should be up the order. PJ is one of the few batsmen who can clear the ropes easily but he just isn’t consistent enough. I do however feel he should be given another crack at it. Wes would be decent down there too I think

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Looking at that squad, no wonder there is not much enthusiasm left in this forum.

Not even the inclusion of Elton, Chamu or Regis gets me worked up anymore.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:

Does the 7 finisher role still exist?
If you have proper power, he should be up the top of the order.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:25 am
jaybro wrote:

Yes Raza should be up the order. PJ is one of the few batsmen who can clear the ropes easily but he just isn’t consistent enough. I do however feel he should be given another crack at it. Wes would be decent down there too I think
I think Moor hits over the top as a response to an aggressive test field. Hard to replicate in one day internationals
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

totoro

Post by totoro »

Does anyone remember how fast Carl Mumba was bowling during the Bangladesh series? :)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

totoro wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:44 pm
Does anyone remember how fast Carl Mumba was bowling during the Bangladesh series? :)
I think he was bowling around the 135 mark IIRC. Tshuma was around 125-128 that I remember for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

totoro

Post by totoro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:49 pm
I think he was bowling around the 135 mark IIRC. Tshuma was around 125-128 that I remember for sure.
Thanks! :)