Offseason

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
gusman

Offseason

Post by gusman »

What are the international and domestic players doing during the offseason of the domestic cricket season?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Offseason

Post by sloandog »

gusman wrote:What are the international and domestic players doing during the offseason of the domestic cricket season?
Some players like Butterworth, Taylor and Cremer will travel to the U.K to play club cricket, along with many others. Some may go to South Africa and Australia, and guys like Chigumbura will be playing county Cricket. It's all very benificail for our boys and their future cricketing careers

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Keegen Meth, Dion Ebrahim and Greg Lamb all have contracts in england for the 2010 summer.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This could get serious...

I can really see someone like Cremer getting poached by a county side and playing for England.

My experience with Cremer is he is a bit of a party man.

I have never heard that he is going to leave, but if a county side throws at him some cash, boobs, glitz and glam and party invites he is going to be tempted to stay.
Leg spinners are a valuable commodity and England has none.

But alot of board members are ok with that apparently because its 'business' and the 'modern world'.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:This could get serious...

I can really see someone like Cremer getting poached by a county side and playing for England.

My experience with Cremer is he is a bit of a party man.

I have never heard that he is going to leave, but if a county side throws at him some cash, boobs, glitz and glam and party invites he is going to be tempted to stay.
Leg spinners are a valuable commodity and England has none.

But alot of board members are ok with that apparently because its 'business' and the 'modern world'.
:lol: You're right ZIMDOGGY, but who would decline such an offer ;)
On a more serious not i reckon Graeme will stay with Zimbabwe, especially with such a packed schedule planned ahead

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

Cremer is true Zim, he has started getting chances in ODIs so why leave now, he could benefit though playing county cricket. The off season should give ZC time to focus on developing our Academy, i guess Houghton would interested, we need to look at the long term and all those under 19 guys, not just lazying around.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

disagree,
young Waller and 1 or 2 others aside...the under 19s are hacks.

Didnt y'all see the world cup last month?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Lou

Post by Lou »

But alot of board members are ok with that apparently because its 'business' and the 'modern world'
Ouch! I'll be the big girl here and not resort to mud slinging about other peoples opinions. :D

But just to clarify I didnt say I was ok with it totally just pointed out that its unfair to lump every player and his circumstances together under same banner.
But am not gonna be dragged back into this now. I appreciate we all have different opinions and thats fine.