2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by Donald »

Seeing as our spin attack is basically crap on a non spinning wicket. (As in non threatening and non containing) can we not pick tiripano chivanga blessing and ngarava.
Go for broke. A test is there to be won

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Donald wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 pm
Seeing as our spin attack is basically crap on a non spinning wicket. (As in non threatening and non containing) can we not pick tiripano chivanga blessing and ngarava.
Go for broke. A test is there to be won
Definitely some merit in this

Nyauchi seems to have fallen down the pecking order for some reason
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:29 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 pm

For the mere fact that there is only about 50 people in the world, if that, that is capable of beating the 145 barrier on a regular basis

Even in pace heavy Australia, I strongly doubt there will be more than 10 players who could do that. 4/5 of them are already in national rotation.
There's gotta be way more than 50 bowlers in the world capable of bowling around 140 for at least a spell.

Indian national team has at least 8-9 (Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Saini, etc). Pakistan has a 3-4 in their national team, and a dozen more in their domestic circuits including some 150 kph bowlers. Even Bangladesh has 2-3 guys now.

Add in Australia and New Zealand. There are probably at least 100 bowlers in the world who can bowl 140 consistently.

140 bowlers will put you in the top quarter of quick bowlers.
145 I said,
It’s a huge jump between 140 and 145.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Donald

Post by Donald »

I'm working at 9am. I hope I don't see Zimbabwe 10-3 at 8.45am 😂😂😂
It's very very possible
Bowl first and include chivanga
Zimbabwe Selectors were brave in the 20/20s and dropped K long after his moderate scores but low strike rate.
Chisoro or tiripano have to go.
Include chivanga ngarava and blessing.
Fire power is in the pace bowling I feel on a moderate to spicy wicket.
Need to win this match so go for broke.
Chivanga blessing and ngarava are the key.
Personally I would go with a 4 pronged pace unit. Shumba/Kaia and madhevere to bowl some spin as light relief for pacers and the odd burgled wicket 😂

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:13 pm

145 I said,
Yeah thats true. Not many current internationals who can consistently clock 145+:

Afghanistan: none
Australia: Starc
Bangladesh: none
England: Wood
India: Bumrah
Ireland: none
New Zealand: Ferguson
Pakistan: Naseem
South Africa: Rabada
Sri Lanka: Kumara
West Indies: Gabriel
Zimbabwe: none
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

There are more in aus.

- Meredith, Richardson, Cummins, starc, Hazelwood, stanlake, even one or two at grade level in my state. They can all bowl 145. Probably not all consistently but some could If they wanted to sacrifice control.

It is largely irrelevant if you are 140 or 145, look at stanlake or starc- Cummins and Hazelwood are better.

To the consistent 145 I'd add Archer, Scott Kuggeleijn they can do it in short form.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Zimco wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:49 am
There are more in aus.

- Meredith, Richardson, Cummins, starc, Hazelwood, stanlake, even one or two at grade level in my state. They can all bowl 145. Probably not all consistently but some could If they wanted to sacrifice control.

It is largely irrelevant if you are 140 or 145, look at stanlake or starc- Cummins and Hazelwood are better.

To the consistent 145 I'd add Archer, Scott Kuggeleijn they can do it in short form.
Forgot about Archer. Hazelwood gets up to the low 140s, but he's more of a 137-138 bowler.

The other thing is how one defines "consistently hits 145". Does that mean an average speed of 145 (in which case no one currently bowls at that pace), or does it mean a guy who can hit 145 at least 3-4 times in a spell? I would opt for the latter definition, which would be a lot more inclusive as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:00 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:40 am
Saw Tanaka Chivanga talking with coach Rajput. Is he making debut in 2nd test ? Guy is tall and muscular build, from his physique it looks he can bowl with some raw pace..
I’m really sick of pointing out how dumb this logic is

I guess all the NBA players are all naturally 145km hr fast bowlers.

And blessing is the second fastest bowler in the world after the Pakistani dude
Talked about ability not a confirmation. Tall guys are generally fast as they know how to use their height, action and crease while bowling, weather it be Joel Gurner in past, Steve Harmision, Mohammed Irfan, Ishant Sharma, Steve Finn, all use to hit 140-145 consistently, however few exception are there like Jason Holder, Kyle Jammiesen who are fast on occassion not consistent.

Blessing before his county stinct was hitting 140s not consistent but on few occassion, even his bouncers created problems for Pak batters in that tour of 2018 after county stinct he has put more focus on seam & swing then pace, which generally happens when bowlers play in English County, Mohammed Abbas, quality Pak new commer bowler lost enormous amount of pace after playing county and now he even lost his place in Pak team. Coaches have huge impact to improve pace of any fast bowlers. Carl Mumba was impressive with pace when he was working under Streak, but now he is no where in the mix, in recent Bangladesh tour it looked he has lost that pacy bite that made him play for Zim.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:41 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:13 pm

145 I said,
Yeah thats true. Not many current internationals who can consistently clock 145+:

Afghanistan: none
Australia: Starc
Bangladesh: none
England: Wood
India: Bumrah
Ireland: none
New Zealand: Ferguson
Pakistan: Naseem
South Africa: Rabada
Sri Lanka: Kumara
West Indies: Gabriel
Zimbabwe: none
India has many more who can bowl 145+ consistently. Shami, Prasidh Krishna, Saini, Siraj. Siraj was not there but after Aus tour he is now at differant level, bowling at 145+ consistently in recently held IPL in flat tracks of Chennai & Mumbai. In domestic there is Mavi, Nagarkoti, Varun Aaron, Rajput. Shami is the world best bowler when it comes to old bowl because of his pace.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Crazy to think 10 years ago we had Vitori, Chatara and Jarvis all clearing 140. How different things could have been. We have some of the worst luck