2nd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Burl is a great striker Ive noticed. That whipping flat bat action with the big crack sound. He makes hitting sixes look even better than they are.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Damn we lost but good win guys.

Hope BD can get the series win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:07 pm
People hate on Masakadza because of his name and people automatically presume his selection is solely because of his brother. But we have a real dearth of good spinners in the country and Welly is honestly one of the best. I think he's good and if he had a different name people wouldn't criticise his selections or anything. He's a good guy, good bowler.
Good cricketer, can contribute with the bat and the ball and is an excellent fielder. My issues with Wellington is that as a bowler he does not turn the ball and therefore has the rely on mistakes from the batsman. He will often go at under 5 an over in an ODI and under 8 and over in T20 but he is not a wicket taking option.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:45 pm
Burl is a great striker Ive noticed. That whipping flat bat action with the big crack sound. He makes hitting sixes look even better than they are.
Is he too legsided? imagine teams will look to bowl wide of off stump to negate his hitting area. Question will be whether he is good enough to adapt his game and hit over cover/long off.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimfan1 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:20 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
People hate on Masakadza because of his name and people automatically presume his selection is solely because of his brother. But we have a real dearth of good spinners in the country and Welly is honestly one of the best. I think he's good and if he had a different name people wouldn't criticise his selections or anything. He's a good guy, good bowler.
Good cricketer, can contribute with the bat and the ball and is an excellent fielder. My issues with Wellington is that as a bowler he does not turn the ball and therefore has the rely on mistakes from the batsman. He will often go at under 5 an over in an ODI and under 8 and over in T20 but he is not a wicket taking option.
Literally nothing that Wes, Raza, Williams and Shula can do Uleh
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wellington's role in a previous post I mentioned is that he is very accurate. He is the only bowler in the team who can bowl 5 or even 6 bowls with a consistent tight line that makes batsmen struggle to score. When he does take wickets, mind you, it is not batters making mistakes, rather, batsmen trying to force things playing the wrong line. Shakib is not a huge turner of the ball also, but he bowls quick and accurate stump to stump line and when batsmen force things, he strikes. Wellington can be used in various ways, in T20 he can come in and just bowl the first over and go for under 3 as he has done many times. Get him to bowl when there has been a bad over from another bowler and we are trying to hold things back. He is definitely not a test bowler where wicket taking is required from your main spinner, but in the shorter formats he is a must, esp in t20s. If it was possible to Win a t20 games without taking a wicket as we saw in the 1st t20, it goes to show that in the shortest format, wickets play a part, but tight bowling is as important and that is what Wellington brings. And given our limitations in genuine wicket takers, controlling the scoring rate should be part of our arsenal. If we cannot bowl good wicket taking deliveries, and rely on batsmen mistakes at times, then we need bowlers who can induce the pressure that will create those false strokes and Wellington is the best man currently for that job.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Has anybody got a link to the match highlights?, I can’t find them.

Watched the match live but wanted to watch that bowling performance again.

Cheers in advance

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

CalZim wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:55 am

Cheers in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0D0nAwEdgs

very late but if you still havent found

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:19 am
CalZim wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:55 am

Cheers in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0D0nAwEdgs

very late but if you still havent found
Cheers for this, I couldn’t find it, every video I clicked on was either just someone talking or a video game version of the match.

Cheers :)