Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by sam_ahm »

Richard 'Wasim Akram' Ngarava 😂😂 🙌🙌🙌

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Where are all the guys now that are always complaining about the coach? You can't deny that in the last 3 or 4 series, our T20 game has improved considerably. I remember when we used to get regularly blown out in T20 games but the last few series we could have easily won... Shows how little some people here know about cricket

franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by franco vazquez »

Netherlands is clear of Ireland. Maybe Scotland is better too

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

What a win ..what a choke from Ireland ..they are pathetic in this format ...would love to see Taylor replacing shumba.if he is not going to bowl in the next game and muzarbani for chatara

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Rajput must be feeling vindicated.

But on a serious note, there is no way Shumba should be playing T20s. He can be a much better bet in tests and ODIs. He has the game but not for T20s. Imagine Taylor in place of Shumba today. I hope it happens in the next game.

Secondly Chatara is terribly out of form, Blessing in for him the next game.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Well, we can't get swept in the series now

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm
Where are all the guys now that are always complaining about the coach? You can't deny that in the last 3 or 4 series, our T20 game has improved considerably. I remember when we used to get regularly blown out in T20 games but the last few series we could have easily won... Shows how little some people here know about cricket
It was sheer luck today. This is such a small ground. We are the worst T20I team but Ireland proved they can go further down. The wides, misfields, poor batting, everything was on display from Zim side. Glad it wasn't a tie. Coach has zero input in this victory.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Xlife wrote:
I'm right here mate, not gone.
I wouldn't say we won rather Ireland completely capitulated and had the biggest brain fart in cricketing history. Our team selection was appalling today and our bowlers managed to claw this back. Jongwe looks like he's turning into a more thsn handy LO bowling option. Burl again with the ball and Wellington has made me eat humble pie once again, excellent from him.
The batting was a shit show though and yo leave out arguably your greatest ever white ball batter just shows how shit Rajput is as a coach.

Don't think that just because we scraped him here he's forgiven and has turned things around. Win the series and then we'll discuss

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:20 pm
Xlife wrote:
It was sheer luck today. This is such a small ground. We are the worst T20I team but Ireland proved they can go further down. The wides, misfields, poor batting, everything was on display from Zim side. Glad it wasn't a tie. Coach has zero input in this victory.
Couldn't have said that better myself.
A win is a win, but the coach had absolutely no impact here. Ryan Burl, Regis, Welly and Ngarava won this game for us

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So Regis is the MoM. Fair enough - a standout score in a low scoring game. What a streak he is in!