List of Zimbabwe Under 19 Captains turned successful for the national Team.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: List of Zimbabwe Under 19 Captains turned successful for the national Team.

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Zimbos you did kinda overreact to his question. He's never tried to hype SL and is a very passionate ZIM fan. No need to hit him below the belt.
If i was hitting below the belt, I would make it obvious. I have nothing against slc, but it just takes some context before posting something.

He could easily have said, "genuine question, is the current 4th ranking deceiving to the quality of depth England have or is it highlighting a lacking?"
I thought I was getting to the point in a more simple way but fair enough.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Zimbos you did kinda overreact to his question. He's never tried to hype SL and is a very passionate ZIM fan. No need to hit him below the belt.
If i was hitting below the belt, I would make it obvious. I have nothing against slc, but it just takes some context before posting something.

He could easily have said, "genuine question, is the current 4th ranking deceiving to the quality of depth England have or is it highlighting a lacking?"
I think England are really missing Stokes. They'd probably be 3rd if he was available and 3rd sounds a hell of a lot better than 4th.

That being said, I totally get what SLC was saying. England have a lot of Bang average blokes in their lineup. Root, Barstow, and Buttler are the only solid guys. Everyone else averages low 30s or even 20 odd in Test cricket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I'm sorry but are we now trying to teach forum etiquettes, sentence formation 101, and trying to identify what is on-topic and off-topic? We have had pages and pages of debates on Trump, Biden, Taliban and what not in normal Zim cricket related threads...

Also, that original question by slcricfan1 - I don't see anything wrong in the way that question was framed and asked. Sloan had already brought the UK club scene into the discussion anyway. Even if, for a moment, one has to treat it as a sarcastic question framed with a veil of innocence to laugh at England's domestic structure, the way it was asked still does not sound obnoxious.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

The top level of English club cricket and Australian grade cricket is very strong. The thing is you have international players playing at this level, especially In Australia. In the UK, you have overseas players who are internationals or domestic level players. The young guys in club cricket plays county twos or state twos in Australia. They may have a rookie state contract

The difference between club cricket and say county would be that there would be probably be only two county level bats and two county county level bowlers so the pressure isn't always the same. You could wait for the weaker bowler/batter.

Also a county career is significant, it contributes to the system. People like root etc are getting the exposure of hundreds of other cricketers that contribute to the structure that makes England, India and aus so strong. Often they got the opportunities.

The village cricket you see on YouTube is often Sunday stuff or low grade and still there are some good players that play on Sundays. There are 11 levels in some English leagues so you can imagine the quality of level 11. But those guys are just looking to have fun, nothing wrong with that.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

People need to chill. I was not hitting below the belt or attacking slc fan. I have nothing against him. He's a valuable poster. I responded in a tongue in cheek manner. Sloan saw the humour in it, but apparently I was being rude or the bad guy.

My apologies Slc

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:31 am
I'm sorry but are we now trying to teach forum etiquettes, sentence formation 101, and trying to identify what is on-topic and off-topic? We have had pages and pages of debates on Trump, Biden, Taliban and what not in normal Zim cricket related threads...

Also, that original question by slcricfan1 - I don't see anything wrong in the way that question was framed and asked. Sloan had already brought the UK club scene into the discussion anyway. Even if, for a moment, one has to treat it as a sarcastic question framed with a veil of innocence to laugh at England's domestic structure, the way it was asked still does not sound obnoxious.
I agree, i have noticed alot of bickering lately when there doesnt need to be.
I remember at one stage questioning a thread that had nothing to do with zim cricket in this main thread and being told 'not enough happens in Zim cricket anyway'. Even though i felt there was a forum for it.

Not including actual idiots that deserve it like the Yvmnaidu/Raj/bot retardbot.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I also think this domestic point has alopt to do with 'what level is a domestic cricketer'.
Someone from england will say Murtagh and James Cameron are first class cricketers.

Someone from Australia will say they are club cricketers.

One has 24 first class teams, the other has 6.

One views a big pool as ideal at spotting unknown talent with imports to make things interesting, the other views first class as preparation for the step to test level- with the sydney grade competition acting as the countylike comp with a mishmash of county level/county seconds/top youngsters playing it to develop outside of the spotlight.

pre colourscheme SA seemed to go the aussie way and india im not sure of but the number of teams seems to suggest they follow the england way.

NZ kind of in between as they also have 6 teams like australia but with a countrywide population equal to thje state of victoria
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:12 pm
People need to chill. I was not hitting below the belt or attacking slc fan. I have nothing against him. He's a valuable poster. I responded in a tongue in cheek manner. Sloan saw the humour in it, but apparently I was being rude or the bad guy.

My apologies Slc
All goods lol, lets forget about this

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:22 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:12 pm

My apologies Slc
All goods lol, lets forget about this
Good on you gentlemen. I wish we saw more of this.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I agree that its how you look at it. Each country will have a relative about of FC players matched to their nations geographical features and popultions etc.
I'm just telling you, factually, that the English County game, right now, is as strong as it has been for some time. Some of the kids coming through right now are unreal. Jamie Smith is a key example of this for Surrey, what a player he's going to be.
That's why there's been a spate of retirements this summer, such as that of Stuart Meaker. Older heads are getting pushed out and young blood is being pumped in.

Lancashire have some of the most exciting crickets literally waiting in the wings that I've ever seen. They've got batter after batter and they've got a genuine 90mph quick who, I've heard, will be unleashed next summer.