Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

Firstly, I presume the ‘too much cricket’ thing is a joke?! People have been asking for years - or decades - for more cricket. We finally get it and it’s ‘too much’?! Give me strength. It's the one thing ZC deserve credit for.

Secondly, Ervine is a legend but a terrible captain. Giving Nyauchi that over instead of letting economical Raza or Evans bowl their 4th was beyond stupid, and lost us the game 100%. He’s made decisions like this in Ireland, Scotland, SL and now in Bulawayo. Poor captain. Give it to Williams or Reggie ffs.

Thirdly, the troll is making this place unbearable.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Truth is, put our strongest 11 on the pitch and we are a good team and this series would be going much better and easier.

We are missing 6 players who get in our first XI and thats the problem. Our depth is nonexistent. Such a huge gap between our top 12-13 players and everyone else. These guys coming in just aren't good enough. There's no quick fix to this overnight either. Some dickhead can keep saying endlessly 'stop picking proven failures' - but the truth is the alternatives are worse. There's no other options available. I don't think anyone here has any problems with the current squad - it's similar to what any of us would have selected. who else is there, available and fit, who could come into this squad and do much better right now? There's no one.

Madhevere and Shumba are the only positives really. At least they are providing a flash of hope for us.

ZC are going to have to very heavily invest on the other youngsters in the system and hope for the best. The Lions team have held their own and done well in the NPL - they beat Takashinga 1 yesterday. ZC are going to have to throw a lot of money on coaching and support for some of those young guys and some of the last group of u19's and hope a few emerge in the next couple of years to improve our depth and options. That's the only short-term hope.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

And people aren't giving Namibia enough credit. On social media there are casual observer Zimbos exploding in disbelief. But Namibia are a really good side with a good setup and they are going places. We have declined and have major issues yes, but Namibia are definitely on the up.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe's depth is definitely is huge area of concern and we all agree that they couldn't have picked anyone else, who are significantly better, probably Marumani at most can be given a longer run.

By the way folks, Sikki did bowl his 4 overs, Evans went for 10 in his 3rd and that probably prompted Ervine to give one to Nyauchi and see if he does better, but honestly they should trust Evans a little more. I keep pushing for him because I believe he is a good player, better than many others.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:55 am
And people aren't giving Namibia enough credit. On social media there are casual observer Zimbos exploding in disbelief. But Namibia are a really good side with a good setup and they are going places. We have declined and have major issues yes, but Namibia are definitely on the up.
Whatever the issues are we still shouldn't be having a decider after 5 games against Namibia. The noise is good, they won't be able to hide Rajput for too long. He has to go. They fired Streak and Whatmore for the exact same reasons. The truth is we have the players capable of beating Namibia , Rajput is getting us to accept defeat as the new normal. Same thing happened in Europe. I suggest a local coach who has some national pride. Rajput doesn't care. It's that simple. At least a regional coach who understands that Namibia is almost like a derby whether it's rugby or cricket. Losing shouldn't be acceptable.

It's like people are waiting for us to implode in July before they make some strong decisions. Qualification is not guaranteed with this lot. They are so hot and cold anything can happen. Trust me

Googly

Post by Googly »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:29 am
Zimbabwe's depth is definitely is huge area of concern and we all agree that they couldn't have picked anyone else, who are significantly better, probably Marumani at most can be given a longer run.

By the way folks, Sikki did bowl his 4 overs, Evans went for 10 in his 3rd and that probably prompted Ervine to give one to Nyauchi and see if he does better, but honestly they should trust Evans a little more. I keep pushing for him because I believe he is a good player, better than many others.
If they're prepared to give him the years they give other guys to improve he will end up better. Different rules

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

My only fear is that Rajput is going to use Wes and Shumba's success as "proof" that he was right about playing the kids in T20s

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well they've played quite a few games now, they're no longer newbies, that ship has sailed, but if anyone bothers to say anything I'm sure they'll remain the poster boys.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Craig Ervine will be the scapegoat tomorrow if we don't win the series
Just wait.......
They will protect the yes man Rajput at all costs

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:56 pm
Craig Ervine will be the scapegoat tomorrow if we don't win the series
Just wait.......
They will protect the yes man Rajput at all costs
Well if we lose tomorrow Rajput has to be fired. They’ll say they can’t because it’s only a month to the qualifiers, but that’s bullshit. Lose tomorrow and confidence will be at an all time low and there will be no way forward for the current setup. Will need a very very quick refresh and change.

A local coach honestly couldn’t do any worse, temporarily. And at least they might actually care