Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:26 pm
Donald wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:56 pm
Craig Ervine will be the scapegoat tomorrow if we don't win the series
Just wait.......
They will protect the yes man Rajput at all costs
Well if we lose tomorrow Rajput has to be fired. They’ll say they can’t because it’s only a month to the qualifiers, but that’s bullshit. Lose tomorrow and confidence will be at an all time low and there will be no way forward for the current setup. Will need a very very quick refresh and change.

A local coach honestly couldn’t do any worse, temporarily. And at least they might actually care
Just another regular reminder that on Friday evening, just before a weekend double-header for the Chevrons, Rajput spent several hours doing live TV in India from his Byo hotel room discussing the IPL; https://twitter.com/Cricketracker/statu ... 3216026624

We've all discussed (and mostly agreed on) the major issues facing our cricket, and honestly I doubt any coach in the world would be able to massively transform us quickly. Our issues are deeper than that. But at least they might put some effort in and try.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Rajput should be fired, at the same time challenge you, you can get any of the best 5 coaches of the world, still they will come out as failure because present Zim players lacks skill required in the game

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Dav Whatmore had a significant improvement in team results, I do remember Zimbabwe playing good positive cricket when he was in charge, I couldn't believe my eyes whe Mazakadza was smashing Dale Steyn all over the park in the 2015 WC warm up game. Zimbabwe came very close to beating a full strength Pakistan and full strength India in that WC. Even against South Africa, it was Miller who rescued them from a tricky position. Zimbabwe produced far better results against Bangladesh and Afghanistan during his tenure, than what they are doing now.

Heath Streak was probably the best Zim coach in recent times, in WCQ Zimbabwe almost qualified for the 50 over WC, they could have done it with a game to spare had it not been for Marlon Samuels incredible knock and then that eventful game against the UAE which still comes back to haunt Zimbabwe cricket.

Streak also helped in bringing back Solomon Mire, Kyle Jarvis and most importantly Brendan Taylor. His work was mostly in the best interests of ZC and he genuinely wanted to take the team Forward.

I would LOVE to see Rajput do well, in fact I was very happy when he was first appointed as I thought he is a very good coach, I won't even mind the defeats as long as we can sense that he is trying. But all this IPL interviews. Openly Applying for jobs when already under contract with ZC, and missing out on national games as and when he likes, really put me off. It is just not professional. His treatment of dropping Raza and BT was highly questionable too.

Rajkumar Sharma

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:46 pm
Dav Whatmore had a significant improvement in team results, I do remember Zimbabwe playing good positive cricket when he was in charge, I couldn't believe my eyes whe Mazakadza was smashing Dale Steyn all over the park in the 2015 WC warm up game. Zimbabwe came very close to beating a full strength Pakistan and full strength India in that WC. Even against South Africa, it was Miller who rescued them from a tricky position. Zimbabwe produced far better results against Bangladesh and Afghanistan during his tenure, than what they are doing now.

Heath Streak was probably the best Zim coach in recent times, in WCQ Zimbabwe almost qualified for the 50 over WC, they could have done it with a game to spare had it not been for Marlon Samuels incredible knock and then that eventful game against the UAE which still comes back to haunt Zimbabwe cricket.

Streak also helped in bringing back Solomon Mire, Kyle Jarvis and most importantly Brendan Taylor. His work was mostly in the best interests of ZC and he genuinely wanted to take the team Forward.

I would LOVE to see Rajput do well, in fact I was very happy when he was first appointed as I thought he is a very good coach, I won't even mind the defeats as long as we can sense that he is trying. But all this IPL interviews. Openly Applying for jobs when already under contract with ZC, and missing out on national games as and when he likes, really put me off. It is just not professional. His treatment of dropping Raza and BT was highly questionable too.
You also have to see the quality individuals played for Zim under these coaches. Mire, Masakadza, Jarvis, Cremer, Vitori with his old magic, Moor, talented Musakanda . There was no place for failures like Chakabva, Tiripano under Streak & Whatmore. Even they were very much positive about neglecting proven failures average players like Maruma, Chibhabha, Mpofu. Utseya had to say lots of things to Campbell after getting dropped from WC Squad. Zim under these coaches were in the hands of quality players, therefore they had results under their tenures.

Whatmore is very much aggressive coach and one of the best in lifting weak teams. He had done great job with Sri Lanka and build new Bangladesh team by kicking out those underperformed seniors from Bangladesh side back in 2007 WC and included Shakib, Tamim & Mushfiq who played the under 19 WC just a year ago and these three appeared as great future talents for Bangladesh after 2007 WC

Googly

Post by Googly »

What the actual fuck is wrong with you? You are an absolute c%%^ in any language. Just fuck off back to wherever you came from.
You say the same old shit every single post.

Rajkumar Sharma

You get lost m&$%%%$.... and go fuck with your school cricket & Npl

Googly

Post by Googly »

You are universally despised on this forum. You contribute fuck all, you know fuck all, I'd be surprised if your family even likes you. Throw yourself in front of a speeding rickshaw you c@#£

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:41 pm
Just another regular reminder that on Friday evening, just before a weekend double-header for the Chevrons, Rajput spent several hours doing live TV in India from his Byo hotel room discussing the IPL; https://twitter.com/Cricketracker/statu ... 3216026624
This is insane. There is no way this should be happening.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:17 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:41 pm
This is insane. There is no way this should be happening.
Absolutely. It's obscene. Like I say, our issues are way deeper than this and I'm not for one minute suggesting a new coach - any coach - would massively change us. But come on, this guy is really taking the piss now. It can't go on much longer, surely.

It leaves me almost....almost.....wanting us to lose tomorrow in the hope it speeds up his demise. But of course I hope we win really, Come on Zimbabwe!

Rajkumar Sharma

You are the biggest fucking mad person in this forum gives fucking long lectures. m@#$%'& may be your family tired of your lectures and thrown you b@#$%&* out in the dustbin