Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:18 am
I can't believe what I've been reading on the forums of late. Including the series with Nepal, it seems like we are the only Test playing nation that regularly gets beaten by associates and affiliates, and we just accept it.

I know there will be the usual, "not our first strength squad" and all that crap, but it shouldn't have to be our first strength squad to beat Nepal and Namibia. All I'm hearing are excuses and those who say "Namibia are improving", well then why the heck are we not? We are a test playing nation with 40 years of Test status and we are so far behind from when we started, we just accept it as normal.

If the guys at ZC actually cared about the game, this would not be a regular occurrence. You don't blame the likes of Aus rejecting our offer of the test series. We are no longer a match for the test sides when results like this happen.

We've become so accustomed to losing that winning one match against Namibia fills us with so much joy. Serious shit needs serious change.
ZC doesn't care and won't care. As I said it is the only board, top associates included, which is not at all serious about its cricket Or team performance.

Every other board gets hurt by defeats ans takes corrective actions, wheather they work or not is a different thing, but they at least try to do something.

This is no joke, The only reason ZC is surviving is because they are a full member, else this was all over like Kenya.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

05, I think the forum has been extremely critical the past week so I’m not sure what you are reading if you think nobody is bothered?

Weird

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 9:10 am
05, I think the forum has been extremely critical the past week so I’m not sure what you are reading if you think nobody is bothered?

Weird
If I have to pull up posts from the last couple months in different threads, it would be quite a long piece of evidence. However, only need to look at some comments on the last couple pages

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think pretty much every single active forum member has been critical in this thread and said it is not good enough. :?

Googly

Post by Googly »

It seems like the more fans complain the more determined ZC are to continue in the same vein. They are teaching us yet again that they do not have to account to anybody.
We are the ones with no learning curve :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

False Hubris will be the devil of zimbabwe cricket and ultimately lead to its demise unfortunately

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 am
I think pretty much every single active forum member has been critical in this thread and said it is not good enough. :?
Literally Kriterion saying we shouldn't read too much into the result.

There was also talk after the Nepal game saying, it's a second string squad and they'll need to adjust.

I'm not here to cause an issue, but I have seen such posts over the last couple of months. Especially ones praising Hammy, when I still think he hasn't done much other than the very bare minimum.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Yes. Bringing county players in Zim domestic season is of no use, instead he should have convinced few of the UK bound Zimbos to play international cricket for Zim, so that Zim can start winning matches

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:21 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 am
Literally Kriterion saying we shouldn't read too much into the result.

There was also talk after the Nepal game saying, it's a second string squad and they'll need to adjust.

I'm not here to cause an issue, but I have seen such posts over the last couple of months. Especially ones praising Hammy, when I still think he hasn't done much other than the very bare minimum.
I agree and am very unhappy currently. But with Hammy, He’s put on the longest and best organised franchise season we have had for years to be fair and club cricket is at its strongest for a long time too. He’s also probably very restrained by the board. I’m not sure he’s the one to blame.

It just hasn’t translated to any success for the national team which is a major concern.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Yea i dont think Hammy is the issue. I think he has done a lot of good to be honest.
Coach and general morale is a big problem going by comments made previously that matsikenyeri seems to be the one doing the hard yards and the one players respect