Zimbabweans in the UK/Europe Club Cricket (2022)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabweans in the UK/Europe Club Cricket (2022)

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:21 pm
We will see next month when they clash against India. We are also a heavyweight side, but on current form and home conditions, yeah, I would expect England to be slight favourites.
My feeling is that England are comfortably ahead of India in ODIs at the moment

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
We will see next month when they clash against India. We are also a heavyweight side, but on current form and home conditions, yeah, I would expect England to be slight favourites.
100%. There's not a comparison at the moment.

I mean look at Phil Salt. Wow! He's come from nowhere and bossed it up top. Liam Livingstone is unreal, you've got Ali, Butler, Morgan, Roy, Root, Malan, Bairstow, Banton, Brooks and many other young batters coming through who have now genuinely modeled their batting on the past 15CWC mentality. They're dangerously talented with the bat and now have arguably the most destructive keeper batter in ODI cricket as their head coach.

Then there's the arsenal of fast bowlers. England are absolutely better than India

Googly

Post by Googly »

Theyve got a few good young spinners coming through as well. Young Rehan Ahmed's bowling in the T20 has been sensational. The batters are now mostly trying to see him off. He's only 17 (so he claims :lol:). Its not possible for a 17 year old leggie to have that control. He'll be in the England squad within 18 months.
Oh and Archie Lenham, also a huge talent
Last edited by Googly on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:31 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
100%. There's not a comparison at the moment.

I mean look at Phil Salt. Wow! He's come from nowhere and bossed it up top. Liam Livingstone is unreal, you've got Ali, Butler, Morgan, Roy, Root, Malan, Bairstow, Banton, Brooks and many other young batters coming through who have now genuinely modeled their batting on the past 15CWC mentality. They're dangerously talented with the bat and now have arguably the most destructive keeper batter in ODI cricket as their head coach.

Then there's the arsenal of fast bowlers. England are absolutely better than India
Who are the English loi quicks? i cant think of anyone really hostile looking apart from the likes of Wood and Archer

Googly

Post by Googly »

There must be at least a dozen guys that are high 80's.
And there are some really big guys with steep bounce amongst them. I'll list a few when I have time

Googly

Post by Googly »

Overton Topley Mckerr Pillans Olivier Garton Mills Stone Fisher Carse Brookes Gilchrist (Zim) Potts
There's actually quite a few more guys that can crank it up as well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Stone causes a lot of problems when he let's it go. I don't know why he's not in the England set up.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There was an interesting piece about what percentage of deliveries were over 140, not that much, but it's largely because the wickets were bowler friendly and with the long season bowlers bowled well within themselves with good results. There's a call for better batting wickets to encourage the quicks to have to bowl faster. Anderson is one of the voices encouraging this.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Tom Lamonby really cranking it up for Somerset against Hampshire right now. On DSTV

Googly

Post by Googly »

Commentators tonite are saying well bowled when the bowling team is restricting the opposition to 170 :lol:
Par score at Taunton is 195. Brilliant from Vince.