State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by sloandog »

Great listening to Smith. Such a strong personality and speaks to well

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

So well*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

How on earth is Coetzee gonna come into this lineup :lol: :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:59 pm
How on earth is Coetzee gonna come into this lineup :lol: :lol:
Right now he doesn't even make the ODI side, let alone the test side. I'm saying they need to somehow expose him in the T20 side, like they did with Stubbs.
The issue he now has is that South Africa probably have one of their fastest and meanest ever bowling attacks.
It's going to be hard for any young quick bowler to get a look in. It's great for South Africa mind

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Plus they're all below 30 and look hungry for wickets. I've never seen Ngidi bowl as quick and as potent as he did in this game just gone. Hitting 90mph is something I never thought I would see from him, ever. But he really does get some awkward nip and bowls a heavy heavy ball. Rabada as we all know is world class, one of South Africa's best ever, and then you have the Nortje rockets and the bounce and awkwardness of Jansen. A serious fast bowling attack.

In the wings, though, they have Stuurman who simply isn't good enough and Sipamla, who believes his own myth far too much. So there's space in the wings for Cotezee for sure. Darryl Dupavillon is another bloke who could yet make an impact going forward

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ They look like a genuinely great team at the moment. What a shame that they have so little Tests planned going forward. All 2-match series in the next FTP.

Graeme Smith also talking complete shite about Test cricket on Sky today.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:17 pm
^ They look like a genuinely great team at the moment. What a shame that they have so little Tests planned going forward. All 2-match series in the next FTP.

Graeme Smith also talking complete shite about Test cricket on Sky today.
Why what was he saying? I was watching that interview. Was it when he said test cricket will probably only be played amongst 5 nations?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya he said it should only be played by 5 or 6 teams to keep it competitive and safeguard its future. Nonsense. That's a sure fire way to kill the sport right there.

I don't think there is a single other sport in existence in the world which is so insular and determined to shrink as cricket.

Googly

Post by Googly »

These South Africans are arrogant.
Theyve pulled off a major coup with their T20 league. If it works its going to make them a lot of money and really strengthen their cricket. Already he's talking like anyone outside of England, India and Australia are not even on SA's radar.
I don't see 6 owners owning leagues world wide as a good thing for cricket. It will be a traveling 12 month circus and will further widen the gap between the big nations and the rest. It's nice for the few elite players involved, but has to be detrimental to cricket as we know it. People will put aside any desires to play for their countries, particularly in the longer format and just get on with making some real cash.
How do the smaller countries and Associates keep up with this? They don't!.

BCCI can only stop their players from joining the traveling circus for so long, especially if these owners are Indian. There's a clash coming right there.

I'm finding it hard to believe that 50 over cricket will suffer more than Test cricket. It seems to be the consensus, but I'm not so sure. We can only wait and see. The one thing for sure is that the Good Ol' Days are going fast.
Nearly every good player interviewed claims that Test is the ultimate, I smell some bullshit there, it's almost like they've got a peer pressure thing going.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:56 pm
Plus they're all below 30 and look hungry for wickets. I've never seen Ngidi bowl as quick and as potent as he did in this game just gone. Hitting 90mph is something I never thought I would see from him, ever. But he really does get some awkward nip and bowls a heavy heavy ball. Rabada as we all know is world class, one of South Africa's best ever, and then you have the Nortje rockets and the bounce and awkwardness of Jansen. A serious fast bowling attack.

In the wings, though, they have Stuurman who simply isn't good enough and Sipamla, who believes his own myth far too much. So there's space in the wings for Cotezee for sure. Darryl Dupavillon is another bloke who could yet make an impact going forward
Whats Marco`s twin like?