Gary ballance bombshell switch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Gary ballance bombshell switch

Post by Train Driver »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:29 am
Train Driver wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:21 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:23 am

A less touched upon topic - who bowls better leg spin between him and Burl? :). Whatever I remember of Ballance, he looked quite useful on pitches that helped...
Are you sure you've got the right Ballance? his cricinfo career stats show 162 balls bowled, 154 runs conceded and 0 wickets taken, I know Burl isn't the same class as Mushtaq Ahmed but ........
Yeah, memories from the U19 days, and also some bowling he did in an Ashes test - seemed to have quite decent control... :)
Must have left quite an impression on the England captains he played under, 12 balls for 5 runs in 23 test matches :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:11 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:23 am
Why would they qualify directly? Have I missed something?
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/2023 ... 23-1338430

Looks like they will squeeze the England ODIs in and forfeit the Australia ODIs. That plus 2 ODIs against the Dutch. Sri Lanka is going to play their final 3 against NZ in NZ and they need to win twice to overtake the West Indies. SA needs 3 wins out of 5.

This all depends on Firdose being accurate :lol: but if it is going to happen this way I think SA have a good chance. Rain willing.
So assuming :lol: that they beat Netherlands twice, they need one win against the English? We are firmly in their hands.

Sri Lanka are unlikely to win twice in NZ.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Train Driver wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:42 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:29 am
Train Driver wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:21 am

Are you sure you've got the right Ballance? his cricinfo career stats show 162 balls bowled, 154 runs conceded and 0 wickets taken, I know Burl isn't the same class as Mushtaq Ahmed but ........
Yeah, memories from the U19 days, and also some bowling he did in an Ashes test - seemed to have quite decent control... :)
Must have left quite an impression on the England captains he played under, 12 balls for 5 runs in 23 test matches :lol:
To my credit, I remember watching all 12 of those deliveries 😂. I guess Cook also got a wicket as the match petered out to a draw. But he had great control and spin in those 12 deliveries 😊

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Adam Theo is just such a naus. No idea why his tweets unfortunately always appear on my feed as I don’t even follow him, but my goodness me it’s painful reading.

I see he claimed he’s not sure on how he feels about Ballance returning because of the racism issue…He has also recently claimed he played for Mash Eagles at age group with the Curran’s when I’m 99% sure he couldn’t even make Hellenics 1st team on the reg, and they were hopeless! Rant over…

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Flakeman wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:44 am
Adam Theo is just such a naus. No idea why his tweets unfortunately always appear on my feed as I don’t even follow him, but my goodness me it’s painful reading.

I see he claimed he’s not sure on how he feels about Ballance returning because of the racism issue…He has also recently claimed he played for Mash Eagles at age group with the Curran’s when I’m 99% sure he couldn’t even make Hellenics 1st team on the reg, and they were hopeless! Rant over…
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think most of us agree mate.

It's when he tweets an 'EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS FROM MY SOURCES' sort of thing 3 days after the same news has been on a whatsapp group or 5 days after it's been on ZCF or on the ground in Zim that gets me :lol:

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:05 pm
Flakeman wrote:

It's when he tweets an 'EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS FROM MY SOURCES' sort of thing 3 days after the same news has been on a whatsapp group or 5 days after it's been on ZCF or on the ground in Zim that gets me :lol:
Lol. His ego is massive. To be a whitey having seen all we’ve seen growing up in Zim and to still be woke afterward takes a special kind of grit and determination, I’ll give him that😂 I don’t know of many, but they exist among us. The fact that so many follow him speaks volumes on how far gone society is.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Flakeman wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:11 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:05 pm
Flakeman wrote:

Lol. His ego is massive. To be a whitey having seen all we’ve seen growing up in Zim and to still be woke afterward takes a special kind of grit and determination, I’ll give him that😂 I don’t know of many, but they exist among us. The fact that so many follow him speaks volumes on how far gone society is.
I still can’t figure out why right leaning folks keep trying to use words like “woke”. You guys don’t know anything about urban life, hip hop, or keeping it real. It’s like when Ben Shapiro found out pussies aren’t supposed to feel like sandpaper. Doesn’t understand basic physiology but supposedly knows how the economy is supposed to work or how vaccines couldnt stop polio. Just looks futile. SMH.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

You don't know anything about Zimbabwe, tbf.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Do you think we live in trees? We have cities and towns right here. What the hell does keeping it real mean? :lol:

You and a couple of others got the covid scam so badly wrong that it's fair to say they are easily deceived.
Hours of unpleasant arguments on here and not even a single - I'm sorry for being a stupid, from anyone. Are u still masked up or did u quietly ditch that scam as well? Fauci should be hung drawn and quartered.

The woke Americans have moved onto being scammed by their war mongering government into making their politicians zillionaires by annihilating Russia for their personal gain. A minute from a nuclear holocaust at any point in time because of your thieving president and cronies that make ours look positively saintly.
I'm guessing you now have a nursing diploma in economics as well? I'm willing to bet Shapiro's burst arsehole has a higher IQ than you. He may have meant c#£%s are abrasive which is only partially true, they've mostly got endless slap appeal.
It's the left that loudly and proudly proclaim they're woke, not as easy to spot anymore without masks unfortunately. We now have to wait for them to speak before they're identifiable. If the prerequisite for knowing about urban life is hip hop then most of us are fast asleep, praise the Lord.
The Musk Ox and Biden's disingenuous policies and half witted cross dressing bald headed bag snatchers will sort you guys out :lol:

Ya Adam Theo overstepped the mark claiming he played provincial age group cricket. That urge to be liked is clearly so strong that he's prepared to risk a big porky.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Shapiro having a higher IQ than me is funny…when is your Netflix comedy special coming out?

All Shapiro does is spout to-good-to-true stuff that makes no sense. If trickle down economics worked, then ZC admins making their 20K salaries should eventually lead to Logan Cup stalwarts getting more money. It’s like Mitch McConnell lamenting poor “candidate quality”. Might as well search for marital fidelity at a swingers club.

Put another way, your insistence that ZC admins get paid too much vs Logan Cup players is proof that these “anti-woke” theories are on borrowed time. The demographics simply can’t sustain it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)