[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Netherlands, 1st ODI, Harare, 21 Mar 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Netherlands, 1st ODI, Harare, 21 Mar 2023

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:01 am

We knew you’d think that tbf :lol:
Glad I could deliver.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Williams has to play tomorrow. We are missing his middle order grit

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:09 am
Another big problem is whoever bats second in Harare has a massive advantage. It flattened out perfectly. The gaps between the teams isn't that big anymore meaning that winning the toss in Harare in winter will narrow almost any gap between the sides. Bangladesh suffered heavily from this last year if we are also honest with ourselves here.

The winter here will see the team batting first fighting for their lives from 9.30 to about 10.45 and on the other side from about 2pm onwards the weather will flatten out the pitch perfectly. The change is actually not too extreme right now
I absolutely don't want the old Harare sports club pitch during qualifiers werein you win the toss and you win the match

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I’d consider bringing Larry in for Evans tbh. For whatever reason, Ervine clearly doesn’t trust Brad with the ball. And let’s be honest he’s offering nothing with the bat anyway. This is Chats’ best format.

Obviously Williams comes in if he wants to play :lol: probably for Wes. Although what’s the betting one of the other big guns is injured? Ballance hurt his hand I think fielding

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:02 pm
I’d consider bringing Larry in for Evans tbh. For whatever reason, Ervine clearly doesn’t trust Brad with the ball. And let’s be honest he’s offering nothing with the bat anyway. This is Chats’ best format.

Obviously Williams comes in if he wants to play :lol: probably for Wes. Although what’s the betting one of the other big guns is injured? Ballance hurt his hand I think fielding
Hahah so true . You will definitely have one of the big guns if Williams is playing I can bet on it

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:02 pm

Yeah, Chatara for Evans and Williams for Wes. Makes it possibly our best XI on form at the moment.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ballance will be lucky if he didn't break/fracture a finger. That ball was hit like a rocket. Between him and Williams sitting out half the time it's going to be testing for us supporters.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Brad Evans had a warning early on for running on centre of pitch. Not sure if that was a motivation for holding him back

Donald

Post by Donald »

Be happy to see Chatara back in the side. Ngarava can hold a bat and has shown against India and Bamgladesh he can get some good scores for a tail ender.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Donald wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:01 pm
Brad Evans had a warning early on for running on centre of pitch. Not sure if that was a motivation for holding him back
That and I don't think Evans was all that threatening on that pitch. If you take his 5-fer out, he averages close to 60 with a high econ rate. I do think he has some raw tools at his disposal and certainly looks a very good bowling prospect...but right now the numbers just aren't there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)