PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by TapsC2 »

I really did rate PJ. He was one of the most promising youth players. He didn't get the Wes and shumba treatment but by age 15 everybody could see he was going to play international cricket. I don't remember anyone else getting that treatment. Maybe Jongwe as a teen. Its just that at the highest level 1 obvious flaw in your technique and you are done. It happened again today.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by sloandog »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:39 pm
Ireland should be trying to play Zim and Afghanistan for the next 10 test matches. They aren't ready for such occasions. Looked like a practice session out there today
I was cringing. They look like a county 2nd XI.
In fact I reckon Surrey's seam attack would be more penetrative.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:35 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:39 pm
Ireland should be trying to play Zim and Afghanistan for the next 10 test matches. They aren't ready for such occasions. Looked like a practice session out there today
I was cringing. They look like a county 2nd XI.
In fact I reckon Surrey's seam attack would be more penetrative.
There is a massive gulf, find it bizarre that England agree to play them.

That Irish bowling attack wouldn't get in the Rhinos team (other than Mark adair).

Hand and Hume look absolutely awful, campher is a batting allrounder and mcbrine should not be in for his bowling.

Tim murtagh would still walk in that side and he has gone 40 now.

I imagine it would be different if the bowling attack was Adair, murtagh, little and Singh (has he retired?)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CalZim wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:25 pm

There is a massive gulf, find it bizarre that England agree to play them.
Well it’s great that they are playing them. There’s no reason England can’t do this EVERY year as a warm-up to their main test summer.
The more teams play at the highest level, the better they get. Ireland (and Zim!) need way more fixtures of course.

Ireland haven’t bothered to play any domestic red ball cricket for the past four years which is surely massively affecting them and their ability to be competitive this week.

Actually despite getting smacked around I quite like the look of this Fion Hand guy. Not going well for him (and this England team really are phenomenal) but I reckon he’s got something. Graham Hume by comparison looks pretty terrible.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

England are incredible btw. There’s huge potential for this current team playing like this to eventually go down as one of the greatest Test sides of all time.

Yorker

Post by Yorker »

Why does Ireland despise us anyway? We would be playing multiple Tests each year. Read some Cricinfo comment saying some of their players got their FC debuts in the tour match! Which they fielded players on both sides.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I know Duckett is on 160* but I hate watching him bat. He's bats like a crab. Can't seem to drive a cricket ball which I predict is going to be his downfall

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Is SL’s record 952-6 under threat here :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:16 pm
I’m in England and have a ticket for Saturday. Genuinely worried this might be over before then :lol: Either that or England bat for two days and accumulate about 1,000 runs or something.
The fucking English have declared for seemingly no reason whatsoever. In real danger of seeing little to no cricket tomorrow now :lol:

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

As plumb as you can get