Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Post by jaybro »

In regards to the lineup, I don’t expect Dave to make any changes unless of course Burl isn’t able to play due to the knock he took on his foot.

I have a feeling they’ll go with Marumani as a straight swap but I’d be really concerned about playing both Marumani & Jongwe at 6 &7.

There is the thought to play Kaia up front and move Ervine & Williams down one spot to try to nullify the SL spinners. But under Dave I don’t feel they’d do that, as it comes across as a defensive ploy.

SL are definitely beatable and I’ll back the boys to get the job done, they’re playing with great confidence and all the big guns are firing, so why can’t they win!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:18 pm
Crastle_cog wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:51 pm
Kumara is out of the tournament.
Could be a blessing in disguise for SL. He’s a bang average bowler…rapid but woeful. Kind of like a Mohammad Sami.
Yeah fuck me he is shit. Took long enough to get Madushanka. But all our quicks besides him and Chameera suck. The new malinga guy`s not good enough with his line and length yet.Backing zim here tbh. Just need to sweep hasaranga

MMK45

Post by MMK45 »

This will be a great game to watch. These crucial qualifiers are more intense and passionate than most world cup games in my opinion.

I hope Kaia plays. The current team feels to me like they are aiming for big runs with the batting line-up and then, outside of some of Ngarava and Muzarabani's spells, damage-control bowling. Reminds me of the 8-3 line-up times a bit. Long-term I hope that Mavuta returns as he is a decent batsman who adds a bit a attack to the bowling.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

I hope the lefties are able to play out hasaranga . Edwards showed how to play him by sweeping everything

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

I hope we are careful with our running today. One thing Sri Lanka has shown is how consistent they are on the field. They always keep the pressure on the batters. You won't get lots of opportunities to survive unlike the West Indies game.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:13 am
I hope we are careful with our running today. One thing Sri Lanka has shown is how consistent they are on the field. They always keep the pressure on the batters. You won't get lots of opportunities to survive unlike the West Indies game.
Nah lol. We gave away many overthrows in that last game.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:25 am
Nah lol. We gave away many overthrows in that last game.
There were overthrows yes but there were many close run out opportunities as well. Add to that the other teams we are comparing with in this tournament and you'll agree with me that Sri Lanka's fielding has been the sharpest of the lot.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:00 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Crastle_cog wrote:
Could be a blessing in disguise for SL. He’s a bang average bowler…rapid but woeful. Kind of like a Mohammad Sami.
Does this mean they’ll play that ‘New Malinga’ guy? I would have concerns about him as Zimbabwe wouldn’t be used to facing a bowler like that.
Is that the same guy who Raza had to face in the final over of 1 of those IPL games. Serious serious talent

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The strategy here should be to pack the middle order with lefties

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:00 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Crastle_cog wrote:
Does this mean they’ll play that ‘New Malinga’ guy? I would have concerns about him as Zimbabwe wouldn’t be used to facing a bowler like that.
Lol 😂 , he has a name ... Matheesha Pathirana 😆

Pathirana like slcricfan said is quite wayward. He can improve of course, he has got talent no doubt about it. but as of now I don't see Matheesha as much of a threat.

I think Rajitha will get a game ahead of him anyways.