Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
mnelson68

Re: Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Post by mnelson68 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:47 pm
Xlife wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:37 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:07 pm
Let's not get into a Black and White discussion guys. Please stop it right here. It's about Zimbabwe cricket.

Evans deserved his place in the side today. It hasn't worked out well so if they play Chatara next game then I'm ok with it. If they still play Evans, that is also fine because sometimes you need a back a player. Moreover against SL it is tougher.

The bigger question here is who replaces Jongwe? Kaia or Marumani Or do they simply stick with Jongwe???... I'll surely go with Kaia, it's a no brainer for me, but you never know what the management thinks.
The racial discussion is never going away (in cricket and in real life), no matter how much you will it. There will likely always be a natural racial bias in some humans.

With regards to cricket, personally I would rather see an almost black squad in the future as that would mean we are likely maximising our talent pool (reaching rural areas etc). Relying on an extremely small community of whites for good players is not sustainable in the medium to long term.

Anyway, that's a separate thread for another day, just wanted to point out that players like Evans, PJ and Campbell are way overhyped here and haven't done anything to justify being in our best XI
And why is it not sustainable? No cricket in rural areas will ever be played. About 2 black schools play.
Theyve tried the All Blacks for 20 years with no success.
What they need to do is ramp up the small community of whites playing. The very opposite of you Final Solution.
100%

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Playing Jongwe today was plain stupidity , batting at 7 and not bowling 🤣🤣🤣🤣

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

mnelson68 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:46 pm

Doesn't get opportunities, Chatara is finished , he bowls pies.
I don’t where this idea that Evans doesn’t get opportunities comes from? He’s played nearly 20 ODIs. That’s a lot more than most.

I like Brad, but I’m getting a little tired of this narrative that Chatara is a donkey holding out Evans the stallion. It’s just not true or accurate at all.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

He has played 20, but here and there, and he hasn't grabbed his opportunities. Chatara to his credit has remained in the mix with a couple of Golden Arm moments. I'm sure there's life left in him, but he has to tidy it up.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If we do quali on Tuesday we're in the same predicament at the WC. Here we will be facing 9 other teams as good as Sri Lanka and its not looking too peachy in the batting dept.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Let's just qualify first. I can't do another 2018 trust me.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

They’re both donkeys 🤣 holding out Donald Tiripano the stallion.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:47 pm
Xlife wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:37 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:07 pm
Let's not get into a Black and White discussion guys. Please stop it right here. It's about Zimbabwe cricket.

Evans deserved his place in the side today. It hasn't worked out well so if they play Chatara next game then I'm ok with it. If they still play Evans, that is also fine because sometimes you need a back a player. Moreover against SL it is tougher.

The bigger question here is who replaces Jongwe? Kaia or Marumani Or do they simply stick with Jongwe???... I'll surely go with Kaia, it's a no brainer for me, but you never know what the management thinks.
The racial discussion is never going away (in cricket and in real life), no matter how much you will it. There will likely always be a natural racial bias in some humans.

With regards to cricket, personally I would rather see an almost black squad in the future as that would mean we are likely maximising our talent pool (reaching rural areas etc). Relying on an extremely small community of whites for good players is not sustainable in the medium to long term.

Anyway, that's a separate thread for another day, just wanted to point out that players like Evans, PJ and Campbell are way overhyped here and haven't done anything to justify being in our best XI
And why is it not sustainable? No cricket in rural areas will ever be played. About 2 black schools play.
Theyve tried the All Blacks for 20 years with no success.
What they need to do is ramp up the small community of whites playing. The very opposite of your Final Solution.

This is one of the dumbest responses yet... So your solution is the make cricket even more exclusive to a shrinking white community? The very definition of racism...

Look at the size of the crowds at HSC and tell me that the sport has no potential to become the number one sport in the country. Especially with football currently in the doldrums...

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:57 pm
mnelson68 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:46 pm

Doesn't get opportunities, Chatara is finished , he bowls pies.
I don’t where this idea that Evans doesn’t get opportunities comes from? He’s played nearly 20 ODIs. That’s a lot more than most.

I like Brad, but I’m getting a little tired of this narrative that Chatara is a donkey holding out Evans the stallion. It’s just not true or accurate at all.
Melson68 is one of the doofuses that frequently advocates for mediocre white players... he's not even Zimbabwean is he?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

The team should be inclusive of the 11 best players, whoever they are. Better the team, the more IC funding there will be available to cream off. Basic economics lol, don’t kill the cash cow.

Can’t really see any racism in the team at the moment to be honest. You find me 4 better black players than Burl, Ervine, Raza and Williams and maybe I would believe you.