Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by Googly »

It is, but who knows what the ICC said to him.
MYbe if he reapplies in 18 months?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:36 pm
If he could find some Shona heritage like Tawanda it would be a shoe-in
Tawanda :lol:

Imagine the ECB have been grooming him from the start to tick a multi cultural box.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It is abundantly clear that they have. He's a good player, but he's going to get the red carpet treatment like never seen before in UK. He'll be the Wes of England.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well :cry: Feels miserable. Twice in a row. Thoughts pretty empty right now and not much to say. IF this is where the love affair with Zim cricket ends, I'm just relieved that I could witness Williams in the absolute regal class & form that a lot of us expected of him the first time we saw him play in 2005-06. I've been a fan of him and he didn't disappoint.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Qualification was so vital. We're now likely to witness whatever was going to happen post WC in fast forward.
All is not lost. They just have to wear bata tackies and not 4ft long shoes and definitely look at targeting a few guys, even if some don't make the grade they will bolster the franchise sides.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

The Wes of England, what a wonderful turn of phrase.

Ya Ballance never played for us long enough to form any opinion on his shenanigans, BT though, he was a real hero of mine and it still hits hard now.

Couldn’t care less what Ballance does next.

As for today, well it’s done now. You get some real highs and lows from ZC, been more heart broken and cried more tears over our boys than when my ex wife left :lol: I’d never turn my back on it though. Already about the excited about the next game and the revolving door of same three basic rehashed threads on here in the interim.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Truth be told, team had it's loop holes. Bowling struggled to get early breakthroughs in literally every game. Wellington was a touch dissapointing and I think we should try out Mavuta as well.

I would like to see some bowlers who can bat a bit. This has become a necessity now in modern day cricket.

Young batters have failed to impress. It is time we try out a few more. I don't know if it is Bennett, Myers, Shumba, Campbell, Welch... But we need to look at the future and I hope the Big 3 will stay around to groom them for the next 1 year.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

I am fucking depressed. Want to be in a corner and cry . My Mrs birthday today and i scheduled everything after the game. It's sad .worst part is no one here in India will seem to understand why Zimbabwe's loss is troubling me so much .

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:35 pm
I am fucking depressed. Want to be in a corner and cry . My Mrs birthday today and i scheduled everything after the game. It's sad .worst part is no one here in India will seem to understand why Zimbabwe's loss is troubling me so much .
It's ok Tej. We are all in it together. I have a friend in office who messaged me right after the game saying "I know it is tough for you to take this but it's sport and this is a part of it".

My wife is telling me since yesterday that be mentally prepared for a loss!!!

Imagine what the players must be going through. It's tough, but this is not the end of the world. Zimbabwe is in good hands of Dave Houghton and they will rise from this.

Yes, we need a few youngsters to put their hands up. Let's see how it goes.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:48 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:35 pm
It's ok Tej. We are all in it together. I have a friend in office who messaged me right after the game saying "I know it is tough for you to take this but it's sport and this is a part of it".

My wife is telling me since yesterday that be mentally prepared for a loss!!!

Imagine what the players must be going through. It's tough, but this is not the end of the world. Zimbabwe is in good hands of Dave Houghton and they will rise from this.

Yes, we need a few youngsters to put their hands up. Let's see how it goes.
Thing that hurts me the most is we might never again see trip of Williams Raza and ervine together. I was so looking forward to 9 confirmed games in worldcup . 9 freaking games