2nd 20/20 Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe may 5th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: 2nd 20/20 Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe may 5th

Post by Pat_Bee »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:53 pm
This allows Raza to bat 4
Nah bro, he’s opening. It’s gathering momentum now :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Well it’s two fold.

There’s no quota system because in recent years there hasn’t been a need to, because there were so few white players in the system.

That number has risen recently. If there was suddenly let’s say 5 MORE white guys who appeared/returned as well - would there then be a quote system? I think it’s possible. Maybe probable.

But it’s theoretical.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also at this point if a quota was introduced it wouldn’t even be ZC being directly racist or anti-white.

It would be introduced to save face because ZC have supposedly had 25 years to grow the games amongst the blacks and they would look pretty foolish if we had a successful white majority team.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

If my memory serves right there were games before the 2018 wc qualifiers where there were 6-7 white guys present in addition to Raza. There is always going to be uproar and racism from certain sections in social media but as a rule of law I don't believe there is any quota system currently.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:31 pm
Well it’s two fold.

There’s no quota system because in recent years there hasn’t been a need to, because there were so few white players in the system.

That number has risen recently. If there was suddenly let’s say 5 MORE white guys who appeared/returned as well - would there then be a quote system? I think it’s possible. Maybe probable.

But it’s theoretical.
End of Kolpak could be a reason. Definitely more white players in the system now and more who are willing to stick around. This could actually be beneficial for Zimbabwe in the long run as there is more competition for places now. The results right now don't show this, it's too early perhaps, but surely more competition now.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Raza will struggle opening. He needs to stay where he is. Even against the B grade sides he got a bit lucky opening.

Gumbie wasn't trying to anchor :lol: he couldn't get it away, they were bowling well with the new ball. Hit a couple of great shots straight to fielders as well, which happens.
You can't drop a guy after one innings, give him the series.

I know Campbell's batting very well. I don't know what has happened to him this last season, he's suddenly jumped up a big level. He wasn't being denied before that, he wasn't good enough, but the improvement has been dramatic, good on him. He's worked hard, has learnt his game and understands the game in general very well. He'd be a good guy for the captain to tap into, he knows cricket. Perhaps gets too excited still, needs to take a few deep breaths. His weakness is well directed pace, again he's improved, but he needs more work. Interesting fact is that he has extremely poor vision, has had a couple of ops and wears very strong contacts and glasses. He's not an opener. Leave him exactly where he made some runs.
He's a handy bowler, I'd give him an over or two.

Leave Bennett where he played yesterday. Why change?

Coltart getting lambasted for his quota remark but nobody says a word to Mawoza when he starts talking about Pink Rhodesians? Two sets of rules in play. I just listened to a racist sack of shit say that Coltart is racist. He's done well to hoodwink the whole of Matabeleland into voting him in as Mayor if he is.
There may not be an official quota but as a fact there is a bias. Its there and it's real. It's getting better for sure, but it exists and will always exist. They call it Affirmative Action or BEE, but its just racism. You've got some guys that make decisions that can't move forward. Not all....some. We're in a much better place with our cricket. We all understand the desperate situation we're in.

I wouldn't drop Marumani either. We're not winning this series, let him open, tell him to take an over to settle in. You can't keep chopping and changing, it's terrible for a guy's head who's under huge personal pressure anyway.
Keep Burl on the bench, will do him good.
Give Ervine another game and if he doesn't fire swap him with Williams. I'd like to bat Clive up the order just so we can see how good he is. I've got my take on that.

If Masakadza is OK replace Ndlovu.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I know Campbell's batting very well. I don't know what has happened to him this last season, he's suddenly jumped up a big level. He wasn't being denied before that, he wasn't good enough, but the improvement has been dramatic, good on him. He's worked hard, has learnt his game and understands the game in general very well. He'd be a good guy for the captain to tap into, he knows cricket. Perhaps gets too excited still, needs to take a few deep breaths. His weakness is well directed pace, again he's improved, but he needs more work. Interesting fact is that he has extremely poor vision, has had a couple of ops and wears very strong contacts and glasses. He's not an opener. Leave him exactly where he made some runs.
He's a handy bowler, I'd give him an over or two.

Leave Bennett where he played yesterday. Why change?/quote]

Agree with all of the above.

My concern about Campbell is that his big jump in form has been due to a domestic season which has been played with shit balls and flat wickets. Batting at HSC in the winter coming in at 40/3 at 10am will be a different story. He is a great guy though and speaks incredibly well, clearly is a future captain if he is around in 3-4 years.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Kolpak? I’m not doubting that, just always saw it as a SA thing more than us, besides, that was 4 seasons ago and Blessing was the last one I can remember. Granted counties won’t be picking Zimbo’s as overseas. Welch was white ball only at Leicestershire and Shades gets a month for Notts when The Hundred is on.

Raza will open if he knows what’s good for him. A guy of his alleged calibre hiding down the order when our openers have been a perennial problem for years now and also there’s new middle order guys coming through is ridiculous :lol:

Bias for sure, quota no. Mawoza, haven’t heard about him in a while :lol: :lol: he’s totally not racist, just living in the past.

Marumani needs chopping and a hard season in the tape ball league :lol: he’s hardly been chopped and changed, played a million games this last year and bombed in every one except a single african games match. Consistency and being settled without worrying about your place only gets you so far.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:37 pm

My concern about Campbell is that his big jump in form has been due to a domestic season which has been played with shit balls
:lol: :lol: Practically tape balls hey

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Quite a lot of promise there with Campbell and Bennett and Madande. Thats 3 young guys to build the future around. Throw in Burl who will probably never be super consistent but can do damange on his day, and there's something to work with.

Muzarabani and Ngarava are decent. The real needs are openers and spinners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)