NPL 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: NPL 2024

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:31 pm
Seems like Rangers have now added Burl and both Welch's from OH to their already lengthy batting list. Struggling to see how everyone plays. They also have Ervine, Bennett, Marumani, Mudzinganyama, Basson, both Campbells, Jayden S, and plenty of others.

Every chance they win the league, which won't go down well and I'm sure they'll be up against every trick in the book. It is what we need though. It will piss everyone including Takashinga off hugely and that's precisely what the club game needs.
I reckon a few of them will end up at Rainbow, they will take anyone to stay competitive. Evans played for them last season I think.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

I'd say get all the white guys in :lol:
Let's win the world cup folks :D

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Seems like Rangers have now added Burl and both Welch's from OH to their already lengthy batting list. Struggling to see how everyone plays. They also have Ervine, Bennett, Marumani, Mudzinganyama, Basson, both Campbells, Jayden S, and plenty of others.

Every chance they win the league, which won't go down well and I'm sure they'll be up against every trick in the book. It is what we need though. It will piss everyone including Takashinga off hugely and that's precisely what the club game needs.
Now they signed Dion myers too.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

It’s ridiculous. 3 or 4 of the teams will be utterly dreadful as usual as they have to pick some random ‘cricketers’ from Hwange or wherever they are nominally based, while Rangers have enough players to field probably 3 competitive sides?

It’s hardly worth anyone bothering other than Takashinga and Rangers!

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

It's not really going to be a fair contest when they come up against the Kadoma or Masvingo club sides is it

Googly

Post by Googly »

Where dis you get their list of players?
Can you post the other teams?
It would be interesting to compare the teams.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

They've posted about Burl, the Welch's and Myers joining them as new additions on their instagram last few days.

Then those who turned out for them in Vigne this year were: J Campbell, M Campbell, A Falao, A Smith, A Frost, A Ngoshi, B Banks, B Evans, B Bennett, B Mudzinganyama, C Macmillan, C Ervine, D Johnson, D Milne, H Chikomba, J Basson, J Maritz, J Schadendorf, K Viljoen, K Macheka, M Schonken, L Van Zyl, Tadiwanashe Marumani and Tanatswa Marumani.

Not including PJ, Dane and Byrom who also played for them when they were over here.

An embarrassment of riches really

Googly

Post by Googly »

So who sits out of that line-up? I'm not following what's going on here.

Andy31
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Andy31 »

They might have a few players already in England playing perhaps. So they are able to fit these guys in.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:

Umpires prepped and ready to deal with the white boys, doubt they'll win a game. Waiting in glee for the extra 5 bucks to be earned.