ZC announce major restructure: Mhishi Committee

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: ZC announce major restructure: Mhishi Committee

Post by Marshmallow »

Googly wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 1:44 pm
What about Russell Domingo?
He is likely to replace Gary kristen as one of the assistant coach of Netherlands cricket team.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

It's all just another con by ZC. Pretending that they are actually improving things when they are not.

They are probably trying to figure out a way to get Utseya or Elton the job.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Pro has gone to USA apparently.
There's some fierce rivalry between Mangongo and Chigumbura for the U25's. Some guys were practicing in Byo and some here. It's yet to be decided who takes them to UK (if that doesn't fall thru as is customary).
Mangongo works hard, would have rattled Elton's cage, but Eltie is a favored son, he's had teams and academies named after him. There will be a lot going on there.
I don't think the touring side has even been finalised. Its chaotic as usual, nobody knows what's going on.
I predict Mr Houghton will reappear somewhere soon, either as a franchise coach or perhaps they'll stop the scuffling between Eltie and Steve by appointing Dave as the u25 coach.

Stu is hanging on by the skin of his teeth and Walter is playing the shrewd quiet game. Eric is part of the furniture.

Nobody knows if the rumours are true about new foreign franchise coaches for next season. Oh for a coach that professionally preps a team for the franchise season.
Theyre supposed to be announcing the mystery national coach by month end, unless they continue with interim coaches for the India tour, which would be poor. Who knows who his bowling and batting coaches will be.

This is all expensive stuff and there are still two 10 million dollar stadiums to build/loot, one of which is merely for practice and the other will be used maybe once or twice a year and will cost people a lot of money to go to the back end of the country, stay in expensive accomodation and play in 50 degrees of heat. Something will give, too many balls in the air and not enough money.

I see where they plan to build the stadium seems to be within a National Park. There's going to be resistance there. Theres a strong local lobby trying to keep Vic Falls intact as its a World Heritage Site, but theyre swimming upstream agsinst powerful and avaricous people. Obert Mpofu owns half of Vic Falls. He is likely to be in the mix somewhere.
Last edited by Googly on Thu May 23, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And through all this the players are supposed to survive the winter and prep for franchise at their own cost, before they get back to their 500 bucks a month for 5 months. It's hard to fathom the complete disregard for players when they are the bones of the whole organisation.
Do coaches stop being paid at end of season, or is it just the players?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've just reread this thread, first started in Feb. 4 months later and ZC have done very little that we can see.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Foundation stone laid today by the President. Disaster.

I enjoyed one of the ZC fake mouthpiece people on Twitter accidentally copying and pasting a statement they have been told to say but forgetting to remove the ‘please say this:’ at the start :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Wheres that post. Need to see it :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol: :lol:
Beautiful

Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by 55727835 »

Googly wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:53 am
Pro has gone to USA apparently.
There's some fierce rivalry between Mangongo and Chigumbura for the U25's. Some guys were practicing in Byo and some here. It's yet to be decided who takes them to UK (if that doesn't fall thru as is customary).
Mangongo works hard, would have rattled Elton's cage, but Eltie is a favored son, he's had teams and academies named after him. There will be a lot going on there.
I don't think the touring side has even been finalised. Its chaotic as usual, nobody knows what's going on.
I predict Mr Houghton will reappear somewhere soon, either as a franchise coach or perhaps they'll stop the scuffling between Eltie and Steve by appointing Dave as the u25 coach.

Stu is hanging on by the skin of his teeth and Walter is playing the shrewd quiet game. Eric is part of the furniture.

Nobody knows if the rumours are true about new foreign franchise coaches for next season. Oh for a coach that professionally preps a team for the franchise season.
Theyre supposed to be announcing the mystery national coach by month end, unless they continue with interim coaches for the India tour, which would be poor. Who knows who his bowling and batting coaches will be.

This is all expensive stuff and there are still two 10 million dollar stadiums to build/loot, one of which is merely for practice and the other will be used maybe once or twice a year and will cost people a lot of money to go to the back end of the country, stay in expensive accomodation and play in 50 degrees of heat. Something will give, too many balls in the air and not enough money.

I see where they plan to build the stadium seems to be within a National Park. There's going to be resistance there. Theres a strong local lobby trying to keep Vic Falls intact as its a World Heritage Site, but theyre swimming upstream agsinst powerful and avaricous people. Obert Mpofu owns half of Vic Falls. He is likely to be in the mix somewhere.
these are the insights that make me tingly- great takes mate.