The Missing Players

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: The Missing Players

Post by Jemisi »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Train Driver wrote:
Gary Ballance decides the future of Gary Ballance, not a messageeboard forum

Yeah, but whats the deal with him. I may have missed why he dsnt get selected or why he chose not to.

THe thing is this guy and many others are elgible for Zim. Ballance only comes to minds because hes good. Hes the nephew of the head of selectors and we cant get him to play for Zimbabwe.

If we have talent that is there and we cant get them in the Zim squad then we have some issues and it really needs to be addressed.
Ballance has reportedly decided Zim sucks and he wants to play for England.

ZCF is mostly not happy about this lack of desire for Zim caps.

He would be in the team if he made himself available.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Jemisi wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
Train Driver wrote:
Gary Ballance decides the future of Gary Ballance, not a messageeboard forum

Yeah, but whats the deal with him. I may have missed why he dsnt get selected or why he chose not to.

THe thing is this guy and many others are elgible for Zim. Ballance only comes to minds because hes good. Hes the nephew of the head of selectors and we cant get him to play for Zimbabwe.

If we have talent that is there and we cant get them in the Zim squad then we have some issues and it really needs to be addressed.
Ballance has reportedly decided Zim sucks and he wants to play for England.

ZCF is mostly not happy about this lack of desire for Zim caps.

He would be in the team if he made himself available.

Sounds as if the reason for these players not wanting in is due to some problems arising from the board.

Dave Houghton is the chairman of selectors and should be having a chat with these lads and making his intention clear on what he wants and where Zim want to be. We keep missing out on talent due to the fact we Zimbabwe.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

problems with the board is more a sean williams thang.

gary ballance appears a mixture of;

money:
ZC players play for a free holiday and a meat pie after the game. Ballance would get equal or more at his county and if he makes england he will get all the booze/beer/bitches/bling he wants. Even if he gets less money at least he will get it on time and wont risk not getting it.

racism:
the man has reportedly had a traumatic violent confrontation on his family farm because he was a white farm owner. Is bitter.

Would you play for a country that kicked you from your house has said they dont want you in there home? Besides that, mugabe also refers to them as 'english' (ignoring the dutch and greek element)everytime he speaks....and if you keep calling a penguin a duck, he will eventually believe hes a duck.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

zimbos_05 wrote:Dave Houghton is the chairman of selectors and should be having a chat with these lads and making his intention clear on what he wants and where Zim want to be. We keep missing out on talent due to the fact we Zimbabwe.
DH is not a selector.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Also off to England isn't he?

I think Dave advised balance to keep away
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:Also off to England isn't he?

I think Dave advised balance to keep away
foreignfield wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:Dave Houghton is the chairman of selectors and should be having a chat with these lads and making his intention clear on what he wants and where Zim want to be. We keep missing out on talent due to the fact we Zimbabwe.
DH is not a selector.

I clearly missed something when Dave was no longer a selector.

If Dave is advising him to stay away, then he shouldnt be involved with the ZC setup. Why have players encouraging players to stay away instead of working on fixing the system and trying to get players to play for us.

Zim is not a team that can be affording to let go of players and we definitely can compete with teams across the globe, we just need to start working on things properly.

I dont think we cant be paying our players, this just seems like the problem is much deeper and its something ZC needs to get right.

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:If Dave is advising him to stay away, then he shouldnt be involved with the ZC setup. Why have players encouraging players to stay away instead of working on fixing the system and trying to get players to play for us.
Cos its a job and they are all getting while the getting is good. All those who came back, they were BIFG compromises made for them to now be wining and dining its just one big GNU at ZC hence the power struggles and trade offs.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

I think we have heard enough of Ballance he can go suc on a bat handle. There is a tread on him Zimbo 05. Help yourself.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I would think that the 'advice to stay away' is yet another piece of pure forum guesswork, although i have to admit a few amazing facts, i don't know Gary Ballance personally, he has never asked for my advice and nor is he ever likely to :shock:

The facts are that he underwent the major part of his education in England and has played his cricket in England for Derbyshire and Yorkshire since 2006, he had no cricketing contact with Zimbabwe, that i can find, between his last U19 match in February 2006 and his Rhinos debut in September 2010

Why should it be a surprise that his confidence lies in English cricket at this time ?

He and many others need to have confidence in Zimbabwe and in Zimbabwean cricket, until that time arrives they are not likely to commit themselves to a confused future and that confidence is not ging to be helped by idiotic remarks from people like tawac

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

move on train rack no need to discuss about people who don't add value to zimbabwe cricket. Move on don't know what so idiotic about that. But then again it takes one to know one
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'