Thomas Curran

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Thomas Curran

Post by Tom91 »

Kevin Curran's eldest son Tom took 5/34 in only his 2nd list a game of his career for Surrey against Scotland today. Does anyone no if hes eligible to play for zim if he choose to? According to cricinfo he was born in Cape Town.

jaybro

Re: Thomas Curran

Post by jaybro »

Pretty sure Googly said the Currans are not interested in playing for Zimbabwe .....

I seen some where Tom saying how grateful he was to Surrey so don't see him leaving there anytime soon ......

I see young Sam still talks foundley about Zimbabwe which is a positive .....

Googly will be best to answer this one .....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/Australia/c ... 50235.html

listed as South African
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

The only chance is if he doesn't make it big there, he may want to come back here in many years time to have a go at International cricket.
This applies to a lot of players. ZC is in a sorry state, and I'm not seeing it improve any time soon, in fact it will get worse. This latest series against India has really damaged us. We are going to need to pull a rabbit out of the hat against Pakistan and Sri Lanka or no-one is going to want to play us. We are at the beginning of the end. We are in deep trouble now.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The Curran's, Sam and Ben in particular, seem to have deep roots here. If ZC was doing well and cricket here was on the up, I do believe there would be a chance that they would consider it at some point. It's tough to make it in England as a person perceived not to be born and raised there. There's a growing sentiment for them to field their own players, sadly. As a fact you have to be twice as good as an Englishman to be considered. Getting Tom a passport would not be difficult, don't know the details but he's probably eligible.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:It's tough to make it in England as a person perceived not to be born and raised there. There's a growing sentiment for them to field their own players, sadly. As a fact you have to be twice as good as an Englishman to be considered.
could have fooled me :D :D :D
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

there is a long running joke here that playing emgland is playing south Africa A.

Its really embarrassing for England to be honest. I know all the players have their reasons and are eligible or what not but its still a mockery
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*