[WT20 Match Thread] Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [WT20 Match Thread] Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Post by sloandog »

Is AC still in the mix?? Not seen or heard his name for some time now.

But yea, a win is a win I guess. Just feel that we haven't done ourselves any favors, despite the score line. We made it very tough on ourselves against an associate side who have just lost their ODI status. In my opinion it was far from clinical. Hats off to the bowlers. Utsea proved me wrong today, but he needs to fire against the better teams, especially the other day against the Irish where he was tripe.

Taylor again showed his class, Williams his diversity as a batting all rounder. Well bowled to Mushangwe as well. Just goes to show that he should be in the side every game now.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

It's not every day that you beat Australia, South Africa and New Zeland in one match.

And let's not forget we are still on an unbeaten winning streak in Test cricket, more than six months now. No other team can match that. ;)

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

To be fair, Netherlands with or without Tom Cooper are two different sides.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Any Chance the UAE might pull off an upset tonight ????

I still have hope for the Dutch to beat the Irish if Cooper plays well again I think their bowling lineup is pretty decent so I feel more confident now then I did monday night …...
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:Is AC still in the mix?? Not seen or heard his name for some time now.

But yea, a win is a win I guess. Just feel that we haven't done ourselves any favors, despite the score line. We made it very tough on ourselves against an associate side who have just lost their ODI status. In my opinion it was far from clinical. Hats off to the bowlers. Utsea proved me wrong today, but he needs to fire against the better teams, especially the other day against the Irish where he was tripe.

Taylor again showed his class, Williams his diversity as a batting all rounder. Well bowled to Mushangwe as well. Just goes to show that he should be in the side every game now.

Were you there tonight mate ???
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Well, relieved to say the least. Pity Taylor didn't get a couple of inches more height on that shot of his. Hoping for a UAE upset tonight and then we can win and go through.

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

Congratulations on the win. Hope UAE beat IRE now. So far UAE is batting quite sensibly. 46/1 in 6 overs.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

jaybro wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:Has anyone seen Bundu? Is he still our coach? What is going on? Please tell me that Mangongo is not in charge.

Nope only Flower and Mongongo …..
I saw Bundu in the first match, shaking hands after the match.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
sloandog wrote:Is AC still in the mix?? Not seen or heard his name for some time now.

Sadly not mate, I flew home the day after the opening game between Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

Waller definitely wasn't present during Zimbabwe's warm up game against the Afghans. Where's Campbell in all this

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
jaybro wrote:

Sadly not mate, I flew home the day after the opening game between Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

Waller definitely wasn't present during Zimbabwe's warm up game against the Afghans. Where's Campbell in all this
Thought you were at the Zimbabwe Ireland match?