[Match Thread] Pakistan v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] Pakistan v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Post by tawac »

Zimbos need a training lesson from AB: How to hit a cricket ball?
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

PB.
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PB. »

tawac wrote:Zimbos need a training lesson from AB: How to hit a cricket ball?
Or How to Win a Match. You guys absolutely suck.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

PB. wrote:
tawac wrote:Zimbos need a training lesson from AB: How to hit a cricket ball?
Or How to Win a Match. You guys absolutely suck.
Mate bore off. We've lost yea, but don;t go rubbing salt in. You've won one game as well and probably fielding the worst Pakistan side for years. If you can't hammer Zimbabwe, which you haven't done, it hardly bodes well for your WC campaign. Pipe down

PB.

Post by PB. »

Haha, good game nonetheless. Sorry if I got to you folks, banter is what makes the game enjoyable, nearly gave me a heart attack when you folks were batting. Commiserations from Pakistan! You guys are doing very well and looks like Zimbabwe cricket will be on top soon. Getting 270-280 against South Africa and other sides is no joke, even we're not capable of doing that. Don't stress it guys.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Never felt this bad in years of supporting Zimbabwe. A really low point was getting blanked in Bangladesh not too many months ago but that is attributable to the coaching insanity even before we landed in Bangladesh. Did not feel this bad when we were shot out of the park by Gayle a few days back when we thought we had a chance against the WI. It was sheer bad luck that he woke up.

Today, sitting and watching the entire game, made me cry in the end, made me sick when Williams got out. The expectation of a win and the boys giving us hope for 85 overs and falling apart was too much to accept.

Two major turning points being the brainless shot of Hammy and insanely soft dismissal of Williams. And I'm ashamed I'm a fan of both. None of Raza, Ervine or Mire did any better but those guys had it in them to win it for us and threw it away. Taylor has a definite technical glitch there and paid the price but my heart was sinking watching Ervine bat soon after Williams' dismissal. Every ball Ervine played and missed and hit straight to the fielder and just went clueless in a matter of seconds after Williams got out, before eating up a lot of deliveries and getting out in front of a brave Chigumbura was the most soul wrenching experience to watch. It will take weeks to recover from this.

This after selecting the best side possible. Executing the first half to perfection - the half that had not worked so well in the tournament - and to throw it all away. Is it some cruel joke on us? Why the hell do you guys give us hope? Why?

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Never felt this bad in years of supporting Zimbabwe. A really low point was getting blanked in Bangladesh not too many months ago but that is attributable to the coaching insanity even before we landed in Bangladesh. Did not feel this bad when we were shot out of the park by Gayle a few days back when we thought we had a chance against the WI. It was sheer bad luck that he woke up.

Today, sitting and watching the entire game, made me cry in the end, made me sick when Williams got out. The expectation of a win and the boys giving us hope for 85 overs and falling apart was too much to accept.

Two major turning points being the brainless shot of Hammy and insanely soft dismissal of Williams. And I'm ashamed I'm a fan of both. None of Raza, Ervine or Mire did any better but those guys had it in them to win it for us and threw it away. Taylor has a definite technical glitch there and paid the price but my heart was sinking watching Ervine bat soon after Williams' dismissal. Every ball Ervine played and missed and hit straight to the fielder and just went clueless in a matter of seconds after Williams got out, before eating up a lot of deliveries and getting out in front of a brave Chigumbura was the most soul wrenching experience to watch. It will take weeks to recover from this.

This after selecting the best side possible. Executing the first half to perfection - the half that had not worked so well in the tournament - and to throw it all away. Is it some cruel joke on us? Why the hell do you guys give us hope? Why?
I can really feel your pain, mate. I just could not believe that ZIM could lose this match. Your feeling reminds me the very similar feeling that I had during BD-Sri Lanka match. Except the diffecence that ZIM was very much into the game for most part of the game, and BD just could not put up any fight. After that match, I lost any hope from this BD team in the world cup, my world cup was kind of over.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I want to see Lamb involved in Zimbabwe Cricket again. I know he's playing FC Cricket, but I've been looking at his stats recently and he's just bossing it. Still bowling lots of overs and scoring lots of runs, maybe not the big hundreds but he's scoring half centuries and scoring runs when needed and when required. I think a senior player like Lamb would fit very very well into this side. I mean personally I can't see the likes of Mire and Ervine staying after this WC (if they do, great) but I think it's time for some fresh faces in the side. Give Wellington Mazakadza a go or one of the other young spinners doing a good job back home. Playing the old tried and tested Utsea and Matskinyeri will not aid but only hinder our game.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This is surely one of the most soul-destroying defeats we have experienced. We should have cantered home with 5 overs and 5 wickets to spare, instead we manufacture a defeat which in the end wasn't even all that close. When we really need to step up, we just aren't good enough, and that includes Williams, Hammy, and Taylor. What is more depressing is that this may be the best team we will field for the next 10 years, looking at the lack of talent coming through. We probably won't even be at the next World Cup unless the ICC change their minds on a 10-team tournament.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I'm just gutted and don't know what more to say, except that Crimson & Eugene summed it up perfectly.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Never felt this bad in years of supporting Zimbabwe. A really low point was getting blanked in Bangladesh not too many months ago but that is attributable to the coaching insanity even before we landed in Bangladesh. Did not feel this bad when we were shot out of the park by Gayle a few days back when we thought we had a chance against the WI. It was sheer bad luck that he woke up.

The difference was that against the WIs and South, no one gave us a chance. But we actually came close to making the game very interesting. Against WI, if not for a couple of umpiring decisions, it could have been a very different game.

Today, we had earmarked this game. We did pretty much everything right in the field and despite the two early wickets, were on course with the bat. Then we just threw it away and went up in smoke. Its like we didnt even care or realise that this game was ours. Pakistan bowlers were not amazing and we gave them way more respect than they deserved. It hurt from start to finish.

I could not watch our innings. I was way too nervous and too frustrated. This loss has hurt soo much. It really is up there as one of my worst days ever as a zim fan.