Streak playing club cricket in Bulawayo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Streak playing club cricket in Bulawayo

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

http://www.brmtaylor.com/news-160.html
http://www.zimtownship.com/index.php?Pa ... &ID=106767
Stars turn out for winter cricket in Bulawayo

The winter cricket league in Bulawayo is underway, as revealed by brmtaylor.com several weeks ago. It has now emerged that the club cricket competition is enjoying considerable success with many international players taking part.

Tawanda Mupariwa and Charles Coventry are playing for the Leopards, Christopher Mpofu and Sean Williams are playing for the Cheetahs. The Rhino's would be thrilled to have Heath Streak onboard, as well as Keith Dabengwa and fast bowling sensation Khawulani Ntuli.

Coaching the four teams are Jerry Sullivan (Lions), Trevor Phiri (Rhinos), Stanley Timoni (Leopards) and Pollock Mubhobho (Cheetahs).

Full story at ZimTownShip.com

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Streak playing club cricket in Bulawayo

Post by zimfan1 »

i just wonder if he is fit and finds form that he may be tempted to make himself avalable again for the national team

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

zimfan1 wrote:i just wonder if he is fit and finds form that he may be tempted to make himself avalable again for the national team
I also hope so. That will be a huge boost for the team and will make a difference.

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

Steak shud coach not play for the national team, we needed him a few years back but now i think he shud just coach and play club cricket if he still wants some action
12.4 Odhiambo to Vermeulen, FOUR, that's an appalling long hop, Vermulen had plenty of time to get into position, drink a cup of tea, and pull the ball towards the long leg boundary- his first boundary today

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

If he were tempted to play (and I don't think he will be), you could maybe make a case for playing him in the 'A' side as someone for the guys to rally around and able to offer on-field advice where required. Not the traditional use for an 'A' team place, but it would certainly be novel.

He's probably best placed coaching, though - between age and a lack of top-flight match experience lately, his senior side days are well behind him.