Will you continue to follow Zimbabwean cricket?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Will you continue to follow Zimbabwean cricket?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I followed Zimbabwe cricket before BT and I will follow it after him too. But I will really miss watching him play for Zimbabwe, and honestly I think that will lower my interest levels a bit.

I'm so glad that I saw him bat live at HSC, had I decided to postpone that trip by a season I would have missed out altogether. The mental snapshot of a lofted on drive he played will stay with me forever - it was classic Taylor.
zimfan1 wrote:And remember as much as we all love Taylor and I promise you I do do, he averages 34 with the bat, a very good player but not irreplaceable in the long term.
Since our Test return it's 38 in ODIs and 46 in Tests. It's not just about stats though, he's a bonafide match winner and in the Zimbabwe context that makes him as irreplacable to this generation as Flower or Streak were before him.

aydee

Post by aydee »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Since our Test return it's 38 in ODIs and 46 in Tests. It's not just about stats though, he's a bonafide match winner and in the Zimbabwe context that makes him as irreplacable to this generation as Flower or Streak were before him.
I've been looking at some combined Logan Cup stats for the 6 seasons since the introduction of franchise cricket. Taylor's FC average is between 15 and 20 runs higher than his nearest Zimbabwean competition. I think this is an accurate reflection of his standing.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I couldnt imagine my life without zim cricket. It is always tough to watch and especially lose when we know for a fact that we can win certain games. Pakistan and Ireland the most notable.

BT leaving is a massive loss, and if many more leave after him, it will be very tough, but im born and bred zim. The red is in my bloods literally and metaphorically. I couldnt never not support them.

syedmahm

Post by syedmahm »

A very timely thread to be honest. To answer to the question, Yes I will still follow, but with a fear that it's only a matter of time when IRE will over take our position.

Trevor
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Trevor »

There is no way I stop supporting Zim cricket, I mean how could I? I am a Zimbo, so that will never change regardless of how low we get..

On another note, it is time for other people to step up..The whole generation of BT, Masakadza etc was never going to be around forever