zimbabwe should play against quality teams.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pearl

zimbabwe should play against quality teams.

Post by pearl »

i think zimbabwe should play some cricket against teams like australia,new zealand,south africa and england.it has quite a while since zimbabwe has played against these countries.

bullseye28

Re: zimbabwe should play against quality teams.

Post by bullseye28 »

While it is good to play better teams it is best to first try against middleweights (England,Pakistan,Sri lanka) before facing Heavywights( Australia,South Africa, India).

Playing against Heavywights(Australia,South Africa, India) now may be risky proposition as their is always the chance of getting whitewashed and that too by a big margin at which point the suffering team comes under the close scrutiny of ICC about their credibility as a cricketing team.

So I guess the staring point for Zimbabwe is to play against Light Middleweights(NewZelaand and West Indies) and then aganst middleweights (England,Pakistan,Sri lanka) and then take on Australia,South Africa,India.

This applies to Bangadesh as well. I consider Bagladdesh and Zimbabwe in the lightweight class.
Last edited by bullseye28 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

New Zealand v Zimbabwe would be an interesting matchup at the moment. Unfortunately New Zealand will not tour Zimbabwe or allow Zimbabwe to tour New Zealand due to political reasons.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Its comes without saying. Zimbabwe shld be playing more games. Thats the only way we are going to improve.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

There is a wise saying practise makes a man perfect. It's not automatically created but it has a lot of truth behind it. Zimbabwe indeed has to play more and more. If they play more, personal landmarks will come and as a result the players will become more confident. And then slowly results will start to come in favour of them. But Zimbabwe has to play more international cricket.

I also think that Zimbabwe should firstly play against teams like WI, NZ, ENG, PAK, SL. If they can build a momentum from that, they should look to play against SOU, IND or AUS, currently which are the strongest sides.