Change in captaincy ?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Change in captaincy ?

Post by tej_27 »

Well i know its not the correct time to speak on this ..but then there is something in creamer's captaincy that doesnt inspire me he is someone who waits for things to happen ..has his standard process which u can easily predict while watching the game like making fast bowlers bowl first 10 overs even if they are struggling to find rhythm introduce himself only when field is spread etc etc ..i always felt and still feel regardless of the current form he is in sikandar raza could be zimbabwe's best captain very active in field .and arguably the best fielder..yesterday was just a bad day when he dropped two catches ..i feel not now but when raza is back in form probably he can be given the leadership ..lets start with giving him the t20 captaincy and then see how it goes ..what you guys think on this ?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Change in captaincy ?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

A year or so ago I'd have agreed that Raza was a good choice. But right now he's sort of on the fringes of the team so it wouldn't make much sense...

I think Cremer is doing okay. He's leading from the front at least, it'll be interesting to see if he grows into the role over time as well.
BT sometimes copped some flack for his captaincy style too, but listening to him in the commentary over the last few days he comes across as pretty insightful about the game.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah none of our captains seem to be the brainy type. But we have very few choices. Raza is definitely not a certainty in all forms till he regains his form across formats.
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:BT sometimes copped some flack for his captaincy style too, but listening to him in the commentary over the last few days he comes across as pretty insightful about the game.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised too with his insights into the game. May be when he was on the field, he probably found it a bit too much to keep track of. May be things were happening a bit too quickly to be in control of things. Haven't been able to hear Vusi much, so not sure about him. But Tino Mawoyo is very very insightful too.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

[quote="brmtaylor.com admin"]A year or so ago I'd have agreed that Raza was a good choice. But right now he's sort of on the fringes of the team so it wouldn't make much sense...
yes and that is why i say if he regains his form ..i still cant get over his captaincy against India in the t20 game ..even yesterday he was always there during the crunch situation with cremar and the bowler ..

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

A change in captaincy is desperately needed. Cremer is clueless and is more concerned doing Heath Streak's bidding than actually winning. His misuse of Chigumbura is evidence enough of his racial agendas. Just like Tawanda Mupariwa was relegated anonymity, they are now seeking to do the same to Chigumbura.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

It's easy to say all our captains haven't done a good job, or don't attack enough or stick to predetermined plans but honestly with the bowlers we have how much can we attack ?? Our seamers are all 120-130kph and Cremer who doubles as captain and spinner knows he bowls the bad ball frequently so he has to bowl with the field spread .....

It's much easier to attack and try things when you have 3-4 strike bowlers, if one bowler is bowling really well you could leave him on because you know you have other guys who can do the job later. Not the case for Zimbabwe the WC was a perfect example Tinashe and Larry bowled really well in the first 10 overs every game but Chigs couldn't afford to bowl them out early cause his back up bowlers weren't doing the job. We were relying on Chigs and Mire to bowl seam but after 2 games neither bowled again and Kamungozi was taken to town by Gayle and not seen again .....

In fairness to BRMT, Chigs and Cremer when they've had an attacking bowler they've tried to give them the ball in crucial times. BRMT always have KJ the ball at the fall of a wicket and Cremer seamed to give Mumba the ball when a new guy came to the crease in the test series. Also in the sub-continent Chigs used Cremer really well against BD and Afghanistan ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

watermelon wrote:A change in captaincy is desperately needed. Cremer is clueless and is more concerned doing Heath Streak's bidding than actually winning. His misuse of Chigumbura is evidence enough of his racial agendas. Just like Tawanda Mupariwa was relegated anonymity, they are now seeking to do the same to Chigumbura.

-watermelon.
Why don't you shut up with all this racist crap, you're so boring and predictable it's like listening to a child

Sure there was one captain who misused Chigumbura, his name was Chigumbura and maybe it's because he recognised that he was past his sell by date

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Train Driver wrote:Why don't you shut up with all this racist crap, you're so boring and predictable it's like listening to a child

Sure there was one captain who misused Chigumbura, his name was Chigumbura and maybe it's because he recognised that he was past his sell by date
You share a similar mentality to some of clowns running ZC, using racism to cast aside some of our best cricketers well before their use-by-date. Just look at Ray Price, one of our best spinners, whom Bvute and co, with your support no doubt forced out because he was "past his sell by date." Guys like Mupariwa and Chigumbura should be mainstays of this team, along with veterans like Rinke and Strydom, but no, you would rather force them all out in the name "progress."

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

watermelon wrote:
Train Driver wrote:Why don't you shut up with all this racist crap, you're so boring and predictable it's like listening to a child

You share a similar mentality to some of clowns running ZC, using racism to cast aside some of our best cricketers well before their use-by-date. Just look at Ray Price, one of our best spinners, whom Bvute and co, with your support no doubt forced out because he was "past his sell by date." Guys like Mupariwa and Chigumbura should be mainstays of this team, along with veterans like Rinke and Strydom, but no, you would rather force them all out in the name "progress."

-watermelon.
You really are the most stupid man I've ever had the misfortune to come across, I'm not wanting to cast aside anybody on colour grounds, Chigumbura is simply not good enough to deserve a place in the Zim side, that is because he is past it, plain and simple

I never gave my support to a single thing that the mini-dictator Bvute did, he should have been put in a bag and thrown on the nearest rubbish tip, once he'd given back the money of course. Price retired for what exact reason I don't know, half way through a series don't forget, but I do know his health was part of his decision and he retired from cricket full stop at the same time. Rinke and Strydom were average at best when they were being selected and neither have played even domestic cricket for 10 and 7 years respectively

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Train Driver, you are welcome to change your tune and agree with me, most people come around to my way of thinking in time!!! I don't debate that RInke and Strydom haven't played in a long time, my point was that they could have still been active members of the team had they not been driven away. Ray Price at least wanted a farewell game but was denied the chance, unfortunately I didn't have so many links to ZC insiders back then, I would have made it happen otherwise! I am trying to get to the bottom of the Chigumbura conspiracy, but Streak has friends in higher places than ZC.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3