Predict the T20 & Test Squads Vs Pak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tgk

Re: Predict the T20 & Test Squads Vs Pak

Post by tgk »

Honestly would rather open with Chari, Musakanda, Kamunhukamwe, hell even throw in Madhevere, Shumba whoever the fuck you want over Chibhabha. Such shambles if he gets picked to play, let alone lead the damn side. Williams should be made permanent captain but ZC ain't ever doing that :(

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Zimbabwe T20I Full Squad Against Pakistan

Williams Sean (captain), Burl Ryan, Chakabva Regis, Chivanga Tanaka, Ervine Craig, Jongwe Luke, Kamunhukamwe Tinashe, Madhevere Wessly, Marumani Tadiwanashe, Masakadza Wellington, Mufudza Tapiwa, Muzarabani Blessing, Ngarava Richard, Taylor Brendan, Tiripano Donald

Stand By :

Tarisai Musakanda, Ainsley Ndlovu and Bradley Evans.

Dropped :

Richmond Mutumbami, Milton Shumba, Brandon Mavuta, Tarisai Musakanda and Faraz Akram.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-04-17-21-32-52_1.jpg
Screenshot_2021-04-17-21-32-52_1.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 1507 times

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

An aggressive call from Zim selectors, good mixture of youth & seniors

B Taylor
T Marumani
C Ervine
W Madhevere
S Williams
R Burl
L Jongwe
D Tiripano
W Masakadza
B Muzarabani
R Ngarava

Hope Zim gets seaming track in Harare.

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

Really happy with the squad, glad the selectors have followed the recent domestic t20.

Excited to see marumani, don’t think he will perform straightaway but is a great prospect.

Shumba is unfortunate not to make it though.

Glad chibhaba hasn’t been selected, his performances have been poor.

Evans was good in the t20 league but still needs some more games before playing NATs, needs to work on those dodgy bouncers he bowls :lol:

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

IMO Very good squad
Selecters Selected players based on merit that's very impressive. Chivanga is a surprise call to me but his speed and death bowling ability very helpful anyway.
Death bowling is big problem to zim now, so hope chivanga can offer some gud things 🤞

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This is almost a flawless selection, well done to the selectors!

Only question mark for me is Chivanga - has he done enough? But not many others put their hand up anyway. So, Chatara is not fully ready as well by the looks of it.

Chisoros could be the other talking point. Wellington is usually very accurate, so I don't mind him. But Chisoro is not even on stand by while Ndlovu is, which is quite strange.

But overall, I think leaving out Chibhabha, picking Marumani, leaving Mavuta and Mutumbami out on form are all moves we probably wanted but did not expect ZC to take. So, this is a welcome team selection!

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Chamu dropped ...can't believe my eyes ..decent squad selected
My X1
Taylor
Marumani
Ervine
Williams
Madhevere
Burl
Chakabva
Tiripano
Wellington
Ngavara
Muzarbani

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:33 pm
This is almost a flawless selection, well done to the selectors!

Only question mark for me is Chivanga - has he done enough? But not many others put their hand up anyway. So, Chatara is not fully ready as well by the looks of it.

Chisoros could be the other talking point. Wellington is usually very accurate, so I don't mind him. But Chisoro is not even on stand by while Ndlovu is, which is quite strange.

But overall, I think leaving out Chibhabha, picking Marumani, leaving Mavuta and Mutumbami out on form are all moves we probably wanted but did not expect ZC to take. So, this is a welcome team selection!
Agreed, I would have had Musakanda instead of Klong. I wonder if there is a chance that Wes will open with BT?

Good to see Evans on standby, a clear message from the selectors that he is on their radar.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Wow glad to see chibhaba dropped, He wasn't doing a great deal in his 13 years in and out of the national side let alone foisting the captaincy on him.
Glad to see the more deserving marumani get a gig.
Selectors know madhevere is a class young act, He was always going to have a dip in form, well done for persevering with him but keep him out of test squad for now until more first class games

tgk

Post by tgk »

Oh my god they dropped Chamu :o :D :D