Bangladesh Tour Brings Limelight to Core Business

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Bangladesh Tour Brings Limelight to Core Business

Post by zimfan1 »

Detective RDS wrote:I will pick this squad:

1. Hamilton Masakadza (VC)
2. Mark Vermeulen
3. Tatenda Taibu (WK)
4. Brendan Taylor
5. Sean Williams
6. Charles Coventry
7. Elton Chigumbura
8. Prosper Utseya (C)
9. Raymond Price
10. Graeme Cremer
11. Edward Rainsford

12. Malcolm Waller
13. Forster Mutizwa
14. Justice Chibhabha
15. Stuart Matsikenyeri
16. Christopher Mpofu

That is exactly the team i would pick but knowing our selectors is that number of white players in the side possible

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:I guess the reason most people have included him in the middle order rather than as opener is to free up the opening position for Vermeulen?
Actually not directly for that.

1. Brendan Taylor batted in the middle order when he last played for Zimbabwe and was succeed too.

2. The form of Mark Vermeulen was excellent as an opener in the Twenty-20.

3. Thanks to brmtaylor.com for giving us the news, Vermeulen was announced as the man of tournament of Abid Hamid tournament. It can be guessed that he played as an opener.
zimfan1 wrote:
But i do stand by Taibu and think he should be in the team as form is temporary and class is permanent and he has a lot more class than Mutizwa
Agree with you. So, I think the battle will be TAIBU vs MUTIZWA and COVENTRY vs WALLER. But I will go with Taibu and Coventry.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

If during the series against bangladesh and there are a couple of matches where conditions favour seamers and we go in with only two spinners i think douglas hondo should get the nod, Would make a good new ball bowler with rainsford

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Agree...If Douglas Hondo is selected, he will bring experience in the pace bowling department. But if he is selected, I guess Christopher Mpofu has to be missed out. Rainsford will lead the attack, no doubt and Mupariwa will be selected although his domestic season wasn't good enough but keeping in note that he is the fastest Zimbabwean to pick 50 wickets in ODI's.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Any one who thinks Tatenda Taibu can be replaced as wicketkeeper has got to be dreaming. When former Aussie keeper Ian Healy was asked his opinion in 2004 on who was the best wicketkeeper in the world he replied thaw it would be between Adam Gilchrest and Tatenda Taibu.
Not Ridley Jacobs, not Brandon McCullum, and we know the subcontinent has never settled on any particular wicketkeeper. And Mark Boucher, well, Mark Boucher is plain clumsy.
While Taibu’s batting is not world class, his skill behind the stumps is still undiminished (class is permanent!), and since wicketkeeper has really stepped up, save for AB de Villiers, who is kept out by tradition and status quo and his all round talents in the field, that leaves – guess who – as the world best keeper?