[Match Thread] New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Only Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [Match Thread] New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Only Test

Post by betterdays »

I think these bowlers all look good, they do actually look like they're full of potential but the team looks like a team with a five-year plan ... in some ways we've gone backwards...to a place where everyone was an absolute newbie who needed to learn on the job. maybe this test it's been forced on us a little but they've gone for this young and vibrant idea without having a few guys to absorb the inevitable blows.

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

hhm wrote:Our tails are up! They comfortably took the first session, have handed us the initiative in the second. Surely there must enough talent in our attack to ensure we run away with the second session!

We shouldn't lift our foot off the pedal! No, we should actually start applying more pressure. Shelve Cremer, bring back Jarvis and give him some slips, bring in fielders to cut out the singles; get Shingi(or Hamilton) to bowl tight at the other end - nothing creative, just tight!
I agree...constructive stuff...not this rubbishing everything for the sake of rubbishing it...I agree Taylor's missed a trick
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

There does seem to be something in this wicket, I think we have just failed to put things in the right areas enough.

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

betterdays wrote:I think these bowlers all look good, they do actually look like they're full of potential but the team looks like a team with a five-year plan ... in some ways we've gone backwards...to a place where everyone was an absolute newbie who needed to learn on the job. maybe this test it's been forced on us a little but they've gone for this young and vibrant idea without having a few guys to absorb the inevitable blows.
Good point, although to be fair that has been a necessity in the quick department as there was nothing, hence the loud calls for Panyangara from certain quarters, hence we haven't really gone back per sei but started here, and yes it's a five year plan...
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

FlowerPower wrote:I agree Taylor's missed a trick
nope, don't think so. Cremer's looked the most likely and should get a few more ... it's a pressure in itself. don't give him too many (unless he takes one) but definately at least a couple more (despite his bad ball each over)

hhm

Post by hhm »

FlowerPower wrote:
hhm wrote:...and I thought you were on channel 171 already.... ;) ....kidding must say you pushed my buttons and the lack of wickets didn't help either...my apology I lost my cool, you are entitled to criticize what you want....
Sorry if it's irking you guys. Unfortunately it must happen! If I annoy you guys enough, you'lll hopefully turn your frustrations towards the half-baked youngsters!

Genuine knowledgeable cricket lovers, who are neutrals will be scathing towards NZ. Vitori runnig in aimlessly with do clear purpose with each delivery, runs being nicked off Cremer at will, Shingi & Jarvis barely strugglin! What is this - amateur cricket! Guptil was uneasy throughout(yet he still got an easy half-century), but when Kane was run out - the outcry was what might have been, not how precariuos NZ's situation might get. As far as they're concerned, there are enough runs available on this ground, courtesy of our attack, so much that Bracewell should be itching to get and prove that he's a genuine allrounder!
FlowerPower wrote:[...not this rubbishing everything for the sake of rubbishing it...I agree Taylor's missed a trick
Hold your horses, they're not of the hook yet! :D Taylor never shown anything to suggest that he's doing more than simply going through the motions! I think you'll agree with me on that one! Along with Dilshan(whose rightly resigned), they must be the captains with the most underworked minds in international cricket!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

FlowerPower wrote:Good point, although to be fair that has been a necessity in the quick department as there was nothing, .
well, there was Mupariwa, Hondo, Rainsford, Mpofu ... who (and I could be wrong) don't seem particularly different in speed. Anyway, we've started down this road (and 3 of those guys have - or have had - injuries) so ... moving on

hhm

Post by hhm »

betterdays wrote:I think these bowlers all look good, they do actually look like they're full of potential but the team looks like a team with a five-year plan ... in some ways we've gone backwards...to a place where everyone was an absolute newbie who needed to learn on the job. maybe this test it's been forced on us a little but they've gone for this young and vibrant idea without having a few guys to absorb the inevitable blows.
I don't think I've come across better statements than this during my entire time in this forum :!:

As I no doubt continue to receive a barrage of unjustified slightings from unforgiving sections of this forum, because I stand by similar, I shall constantly visit this particular post for comfort!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Things seem to be settling, which is a worry. NZ are putting themselves back together. We need to ruffle them somehow

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

hhm wrote: I shall constantly visit this particular post for comfort!
:lol: